'Prolouge'

"I'm gay." The two words felt like a searing pain to her heart. Alana, clutched her chest in a useless attempt to suppress the pain she was feeling. She was feeling a bit light-headed. Alana reached out only to grab nothing. She desperately wished someone would hold her hand. But to her dismay, she had to retract her hand. "What...?" She choked out, her voice barely above a whisper. Her boyfriend gripped her shoulders with friendly concern. She wished it was anything but friendly. It was so hard to be mad at him when he was being so nice! Ugh. 

He held her up, which she was grateful for. He looked straight into her eyes, a softness etched into his expression mostly. "I am homosexual." He said, a strictness in his voice that dared her to argue, but also a softness to his voice, to help her cope. How was she supposed to react to her boyfriend -of two years for crying out loud- telling her he was gay? "Why?" She croaked, a warm tear sliding down her cheek. Now it all made sense. Why he always seemed so distant while they were kissing, and why he refused to go any further than kissing, why he would always end the conversation when they talked about the future. 

"Alana.. My family. You know they would never approved of my sexuality, so I brought a girl home to please them. But I can't do it anymore. And I've found someone." He blushed and Alana gritted her teeth. This was gross. This was disgusting. Nothing against same gender couples, but the way he told her, gently caressing her cheek, rubbing her shoulder. It was gross. If he was in love with someone else, whoopee! But the way he told her made it seem like he actually loved her, when he didn't. "Get away from me!" She cried. The outside air making her calmer faster. She left from in front of the tall restaurant building and ran as tears welled up in her eyes. Alana finally stopped in front of a tall white building. The ceiling was a dark red, two columns attached to the top-edges of the stairs. The doors were big and brown, a white cross above the door. A church. She settled on the second step of the stairs, whipping her phone out and calling an Uber.

The car that arrived later was a light red that made her freeze for a moment. the hood was smooth and spotless, the moonlight bouncing off of the sleek red made the car beautiful. She quickly snapped a picture of the beautiful scene and approached the car reluctantly. Alana slid into her seat and noticed how hot it was inside the car. She started to fan her face as the temperature only rose. The driver looked sweaty too. When they were a mile away from the destination, Alana stopped the driver and decided the walk the rest of the way. She sighed when she felt the cool air press against her skin. She felt even better as the driver zoomed off and a gust of cold air riled up her dark hair.

Yes, this was good. She felt so much more relaxed now that she didn't have a relationship, but still heartbroken. She loved Dustin, but no. He didn't love her. They always kept their distance. Now she finally understood. She started the long trek back to her apartment, and in no time at all, she was crying again.

Why?

***

I hope you guys enjoyed the prolouge of this story. The next will get, interesting ;). 

Vote? Comment? Share?

Thank you so much for reading, until next time,

Bye Loves! 😘