Explanation

Every ten years 196 seventeen year old boys and girls are chosen to participate in "The Phrenic Tests".
"The Phrenic Tests" are a series of challenges based off of your common sense, intellect, and mental stability. In shortened terms they're the Olympics for your mind.
Each country is required by law to choose one seven year old boy or girl to compete and are trained for ten years without their knowing. They're each taught how to fluently speak English, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and Latin.
On the tenth year they mysteriously go missing and are brought to the island of choice to compete. The winner receives rewards beyond the imagination, but the last one to complete each challenge is eliminated and never to be heard from again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once taken from their homes each candidate is placed into a room specifically redesigned each decade to be next to impossible to escape from. Those who escape are taken to the island of choice and those that fail are left to rot in the room. Once on the island they are given one week to meet up with their countries allies candidates and learn why they're there and then they're off to their first official challenge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The most important thing to remember about the games are is that no one knows about the games except the countries leaders and the game makers.