The Language of Silence

I

   If you'd would met Richard before that infamous date, you would have find that he used to have certain shine in his eyes, he never liked to talk anyways or smile too often, but you can tell that now he has a reason, if you ever see him laugh lately, is not because he is amused, but rather because something is too much for him that he just finds it ironic, like telling life; "Ha! you got me", I don't want to change him but I wish I could understand him and how he feels, how he manages to  be so emotionless.

   My name is Daladier, and this is not my story, but rather an ungoing event from wich I am an active witness involving mainly my best friend, Richard, in fact my only friend but do not feel bad for me or anything because it is my choice to have a singular pal, and I don't even know if he feels the same about me, if he considers me something else that just some dude he hangs out with, I never ask that, my silence is one of the aspects that Richard likes most about our relation, and how can I know that ? he never talks about that kind of feelings that is true, but the thing about Richard, is that he can't talk without casting a single word, a rare ability not many posses but I'm pretty sure if I stay with him enough maybe silence will be my voice too.

   There are two phases in a day, there is the day, and there is the night. Now I'm going to tell you the day of this tale, but keep in mind, that just because the sun is up, high in the sky, it will mean that everything is bright and full of light, because sometimes the weather is not to kind and clouds appear to block every ray that our star meant to send us, sometimes the dark is an intense dark grey that turns some people melancholic, that is the case here with me but please I ask you again, do not feel sorry for me, because even though I'm a happy person, I tend to live a really blue life, that is another of my choices, taken freely and because I like it that way and some aspect about my decisions is that I don't change them often nor let people make them for me, I might take some advice from you, but just what I feel that is me in someway that I haven't yet discovered. And when the summer started, I met the guy who will tell me more things about me that words he ever spoke in my presence, a person that would change the course of my journey in a way I was yet to discover, but I'd never expect to happen like that.

   I met Richard for coincidence, and because that day I made the solid choice of walking to my favorite musicstore, I would have been strange if I decided not to go by foot, but rain was threatening me and I naivly did not care and half way to there I felt one drop of water fall directly into my nose, followed by what fely like a bucket full of water trown at me, and suddenly was a whole pool falling from the sky that then became the ocean materialized over my head, and well I believe that choices become bad when you start believing they were, so a spontaneous smile came to me and embracing my wetness I proceeded to my destination and and by the time I got there the rain had stopped  but the store was closed, probably because lunchtime, my smile just became bigger and then I noticed a strange fellow looking intrigued at me, sitting accross the street in a bench reading some book, he was confused because he somehow knew my unfortunated trip , and I knew he knew from the moment I made eye contact, he didn't seem friendly but neither seemed dangerous so I kept my smile while staring at him, He seemed just a little bit older than me, his hair was really black and had really thick eyebrows, and also there were dark bags under his eyes, like if he wasn't sleeping enough.B ecause I don't carry electronics with me, I didn't know the time and I wanted to know how long I would need to to wait for the shop to open again, so I approached him and asked for the time.

-- 3:23 p.m. --He said,

-- Thanks. --I replied while I sat next to him to wait for the store to reopen.

   And I sat there in silence dripping from the unexpected bath I just received, He just frowned at me one last time and went back to his reading. I get a little anxious when I wait so I start looking at everything, I quickly tried to see what book was holding that stranger; the tirle was "The neverending shiver", what an interesting title I tought, I wanted to know more about it but I wouldn't ask him to tell me about it, he obviously didn't want to be distracted of seemed to enjoy casual talk, so I kept myself busy trying to get dry in the meantime.