War is Coming

Chapter 1

It is always hard to watch my father leave but I know that he is helping our country. He stares at me with his big brown eyes and I know what he is saying without even needing his words. “I still will be with you no matter what,” says my father. It is like that phrase has brought him good luck every time he goes into battle and it has worked so far. My father picks up his bags with ease even though they weigh a ton and kisses my mother’s forehead and starts out the door. This is the part she normally starts to cry but today is different because he is only gone for 2 weeks instead of 2 months. This will be his last trip before he retires and soon we will be a family 24/7.

I look at my mother and I see her eyes starting to well up but she holds them back. Her big blue eyes stare back at me and she squeezes my hand and my sisters. My sister is only 4 years and she still does not understand why our father leaves but we have tried to explain to her although she never understands. She has light blond hair that is always pulled into pigtails. She has our mother’s hair blond, thin and straight. When I was stuck with my father’s thick curly hair.

I shift my attention back to my father as he gets into a car. I hate to see him leave because he is the best person I have ever known and I am proud to call him my dad.

We stand in our driveway watching the car drive out of view.

“He will be back soon, don’t you worry,” says my mother as the car turned the corner. This suburb is just outside of New York. It is nice and quiet and only a 10 minute drive to the city.

I back inside to start to get ready for school. I enter into the kitchen to get some breakfast and continue my daily routine.

I cannot believe that this is the last time he will be gone and I am so grateful that we can be a normally family. When I was young he was hardly ever around I could hardly remember his face. It would be even harder for my sister Hannah because lately the war has gotten pretty bad and he has been away for longer amounts of time and more frequently. If I only had one wish, I would wish for him the get through these next few weeks so we can be a normal, happy family.

Thankyou for reading,

This is my first ever story so please leave a comment giving advice and follow if you would like to continue reading.  I will upload a new chapter every Sunday. I know this is a short chapter but I am planning to make the others alot longer. Comment below saying if you enjoyed and would like to read more. THANKS FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT.

SarahWasHere22301