•One•

I yawned as I got out of bed and looked out the crummy apartment building window onto the Wisconsin street. I pulled on dark blue skinny jeans and a dark grey t-shirt with a faded creme cross on the front. Then I brushed my hair into a messy braid down my back so I looked like your everyday normal teenager. I walked out of my small room and into a larger olive colored one.

"Morning Calvin!" I yelled. I heard a thud and a complaint, immediately knew that he was awake. He walked in in a pair of loafers, sweatpants, and a blue t-shirt celebrating vans. He rolled his eyes at my fail of making breakfast. I had laid down a once frozen waffle that was now soaked and cold. I managed a small smile and moved to the side to let him make breakfast. He made eggs for himself and knowing I didn't like eggs, he made me an actually good frozen waffle. I bit on it and then finished it, grabbed my brown combat boots and dark grey photo die, pulling my braid to the side. Then I grabbed my backpack, iPhone 5s, and a couple books, which mostly included the first Maximum Ride, City of Lost Souls, and the second Maximum Ride book.

Calvin came out in ten minutes dressed in a suit, and I laughed. He looked good in it though. Today was his job interview, and the hope for us getting a new house. I opened the door and we both stepped out. He got in his white infinity, a car from our parents, and I got in my black Infinity. The windows were tinted so dark that when I drove into the parking lot no one recognised me. This was my first day and the only person I knew was one girl from when I came to set up my locker. Lara Parks. She had said hi, introduced herself, and then a girl walked in and she scoffed. "B*t€h." She said. I looked at the girl with the pink strips in her shoulder-length platinum blonde hair. Two girls flanked her sides and I swear she was the daughter of Iggy Azeala.

•••

I opened locker number 13 and looked to my right when I heard a girl squeal. Sure enough, there was your average, every day,completely normal high school god. And of course he was frenching the blondie Lara had called a bitch. I rolled my eyes as he turned to look at me. He saw me rolling my eyes and smirked, I turned to my locker. Grabbing my Sophomore math book and black mead spiral. I tucked my grey doodled on pencil pouch and a planner that in a few days will look like a rune book the shadowhunters would pratice with. As I turned I saw a ton of pairs on eyes looking my way. I turned back to my locker and slammed it, to see the boy and blondie kissing. It was them all the eyes were focusing on. "Cressia!" A voice yelled. I saw Lara's short strawberry blonde hair in the corner of my eye along with tall, (im not being racist, just descriptive) caramel skinned girl. Her olive eyes immediatly cut to mine and warmed up. I walke dover to them. "Hi, I'm Cress." I said to the welcoming girl. "Kayla Grier. And yes, as in Nash Grier, but he is far from my relative." "Oh." "You're not obessed with him?" I shook my head. "Thank the heavens. Lara over here is jsut about worshipping Josh Darene." "Who?" "That boy over there kissing Lidia." "Oh." 'But he's so cute. Just look at his caramel hair, fair skin, and those grey eyes, they look a lot like yours, you two aren't related. Are you?' "Nope." Although my real answer was I honeslty don't know since I had been adopted when my parents couldn't take care of me. But I didn't need their pity of never having a true home till now. Cal had been my teacher in ninth grade as a freshman, and ever since then had taken care of me, I learned he had graudated high school at sixteen and was twenty when he taught us. He and I were like brother and sister. Never anything romantic. 

•••

Class was boring, not challenging enough, most kids with parents only eighteen years old of them are complete messes, but not me, my mom and dad might have been popular and good looking, but they weren't stupid, or average. I had seen a photo of them once, my mom had hair like mine, but a blnde color, while mine was more brown, like my dad had very dark brown hair, but was born in England. My mom had my eyes, and so did my dad, but each had one of more color in it, one more blue, one more green. So I got stormy grey, green and blue, and hazel. The teacher asked me a question and   I answered. She looked suprised as she knew I wasn't directing full attention to her, but got the correct answer in correct form. "Thank you Miss?" She looked at me. "Alyxse." 'Excuse me?" "A, l, y, x, s, e. Alyxse." 'Okay?" 

•••

When I got back to my locker I discovered a boy, Josh, standin next to it. "Move." "Someone has issues." "I'd rather not get in a cat fight with your friend Lidia." "Lidia? She's nothing." "Oh really? I still want you to move." 'Say the magic word." "Shut up and get out of my way." I pushed him to the side and opened my locker. I grabbed my history and slammed it. Then I walked to my history class and got in just as the bell rung. The only seat available was in the back in front of Josh. I sat down and immediatly prayed for forgivness. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder near the end of class. "What do you want?" I hissed. "You." "Go to hell." Then the bell rung. I ran out of class and was at my locker in seconds. I unlocked it and put all my stuff in since it was third period and I had D.I.S. now. As I stepped through the door only a book in hand I realized something. One. Josh was standing. Two. He was kissing Lara. Kayla walked in and I pointed at them. She nearly gagged. 

A/N

Hey guys, I still have homework to do.. And my dad might come in at any moment so I'm doing it now. Bye:)