The new kid

It's September 15th 2014. A monday. School started about two weeks ago. I'm new here so I don't know a lot of people yet. It kinda sucks. They seem afraid of me for some reason. But I don't know why. I wish I could ask someone. But most of them don't seem to happy when I want to talk to them.

Let me introduce myself. My name is Niall. I just moved to America. I'm from Ireland but my parents decided to move because of some 'personal problems'. Yeah right... Personal problems... They just thought that it would be good for me. I had some trouble at my old school.

It goes back to last year. My class was shit. I hated it. But... Well... I guess some people were kinda fun. Anyway there was some idiot in my class named Jake. One thing you should know about him is that he likes to bully younger kids. I didn't think that was appropriate tho.

My nephew went to the same school as me. He's 4 years younger and nobody really knew we were family. In April Jake decided that it was time to pick on another kid. I never did anything about it except for now. Because that kid... That kid was my nephew Justin.

Nobody really noticed me before that. At first I didn't know about it. Until Justin came home crying and with a black eye. I kept asking him what happened but he didn't want to tell me. 

The next day was a friday. I heard Jake talking about a kid he hit. 

"He was crying so hard,I swear. You should have seen his baby face. He's a seventh grader I think. I bet he's walking around with a black eye now... Or staying at home."   "What was his name?" I asked. "I don't know euhm... Jack or Justin... Yeah Justin... That was it. Why do you care what his name was?" "That's my nephew you little son of a bitch."

After those words I took a chair and threw it at him. I admit I might have gone a bit too far but come on. He bullied my nephew. I'm supposed to protect him.

Some teacher ran in and took tha two of us to the principal. They called our parents and lets just say my mom and dad couldn't exactly laugh with it. That's when they decided to move. My mom was pissed at me. But Justin thought I was his hero... And that's good enough for me.

Back to today...

I'm in a class with about 14 other people. 9 girls and 5 boys. They seem nice but like I said... They don't seem too thrilled to talk to me. The first 2 hours we had French. This girl named Scarlet is really good at it. And I must admit... She's kinda cute. After that we had math, geography, history and English.

I'm happy the day is over. I just wish someone would actually talk to me. During the break I'm just walking around on my own.Everybody is looking but no one is saying anything. Then I saw Scarlet. She was with some other girls. I only know the name of one of them... Julie.