counting stars

Main Content

Archive of Our Own beta

Log In

Site Navigation

FandomsBrowseSearchAboutSearch Works

Work Search:  tip: "uchiha sasuke/uzumaki naruto" angst kudos>10

 Skip header

Actions

Comments Share Download

Work Header

Rating:Teen And Up AudiencesArchive Warning:No Archive Warnings ApplyCategory:M/MFandom:EXO (Band)Relationships:Do Kyungsoo | D.O/Kim Jongin | KaiOh Sehun/Zhang Yi Xing | LayCharacters:Do Kyungsoo | D.OKim Jongin | KaiOh SehunZhang Yi Xing | LayWu Yi Fan | KrisKim Jongdae | ChenAdditional Tags:Alternate Universe - Angels & Demonssome religious talkvery vanillaseriously they don't even kissthe thing is a bit rushed i'm really sorryLanguage:EnglishCollections:EXOGEDDON FIC FEST - 2017Stats:Published:2017-09-03Words:10060Chapters:1/1Comments:8Kudos:103Bookmarks:8Hits:1799

Counting Stars

Hornet394

Summary:

Jongin falls from the sky, and Kyungsoo is spit out from the underworld. The human world is dangerous for Jongin - to Kyungsoo? It's wayyyyy too cold. They team up to figure out a way to get back to their respective worlds - at least, they try to.

Notes:

#125
The Prompt: It’s a historical, prophesied pandemic that shakes every aspect of the tangible and intangible world. All the angels are falling from heaven, their wings becoming darkened or silvered, while the evil spirited are being forced above ground to join in, unexpectedly and unwillingly. God and the Devil are unreachable, and the mortals are terrified.

(See the end of the work for more notes.)

Work Text:

When the skies and the grounds were one When the sky and the ground cracks open, Jongin is fast asleep.

He’s hugging Eris, his favourite cloud, to his chest when the surface he is on splits apart. He tumbles down to earth with a resounding thud, landing smack on his face in the bustling streets of Seoul.

Hmph... the ground is also a very good bed...

Said bed starts to rumble, and the screaming starts.

Gosh, why are humans so loud?

Jongin beats his wings to get himself off the ground. It seems much tiring to do so, but that might be because of the gravity. Through bleary eyes, he looks around.

Seoul is just like he had imagined, with tall, towering buildings and cute human beings running around. But wait, what are the fissures in the ground?

In a panic he flies up higher, when fellow angels start surrounding him in the air. “What happened?” Someone shouts, but Jongin’s gaze fixates on his own wings, the tips of it entering the periphery of his vision every now and then.

To get a closer look, he grabs his left wing to bring it up closer to his eyes, conveniently forgetting that he’s in mid-air. He plummets.

This time, his arm hits the ground first and a hot, searing pain rides up. But Jongin also gets a closer look at his wings. His grey, brittled, ugly wings. Jongin is going to start crying.