9. Myself

- 🌹 -

Taehyung panted, running as the thoughts of Jungkook filled his head.  Dashing to his neighborhood, Taehyung noticed his house lights were on.  Strange... I don't remember leaving them on... Taehyung thought to himself, reminding himself that granny was also in daycare.  Is there someone in the house?

The boy made a sharp turn, knocking his door suspiciously.  No one answered but there were rummaging sounds inside.  Immediately, he whipped out the keys in his bag and got in his house.  "Who's there?" Taehyung cried.

"Taehyung-ah.  It's me." The familiar voice responded.

Taehyung widened his eyes running towards the sound.  "Granny?"

Indeed, was his grandma in the kitchen.  She had a bunch of ingredients on the table as if she was cooking or baking something.  Her eyes were also wide with shock.  "Why aren't you at school?"

"I should be the one asking!  W-What are you doing at home?" Taehyung stuttered, still processing.

The elderly woman shrugged.  "Just felt like baking.  The other ladies in the daycare are just being bitches as usual."

"W-wha-" 

"What about you, Taehyung-ah.  Is education not important to you anymore?" Granny eyed at Taehyung, switching the focus to him.

Taehyung just then remembered about Jungkook.  "Oh right, I-I was gonna check on a friend."

"Jungkook?" Granny responded quickly, which caught Taehyung off guard.

Taehyung blinked in disbelief.  "How... I never told you about him."

Granny scoffed, laughing as she pointed her whisk at Taehyung.  "He's our neighbor and I see you two hang around all the time.  I'm not stupid ya know.  Granny knows what's going on."

Taehyung somehow felt a little nervous from those words.  He could've sworn he saw a subtle wink from Granny but he wasn't sure.  It's not like Granny knows I have a crush on him though... Taehyung opened his mouth but nothing came out.

"I know you're not feeling like yourself these days." Granny revealed.  "I can tell."

Taehyung whipped his head at his grandma.  "What?  What do you mean?"

"I just sense that you're trying to be someone else.  You're acting like a different person everyday." The woman shrugged.  "But you don't have to do all that to impress Jungkook."

Taehyung's eyes darted, panicking.  "Granny!  J-Jungkook's just a friend.  I'm not trying to impress him."

Granny raised her arms in defense.  "Alright, alright.  I was just assuming, Taehyung-ah.  I just feel like you're perfect as you are.  There might be times where you envy other people, but being yourself is the best thing you can be.  Love yourself a little more, dear."

The boy grinned, heart warming at those words.  It was something he'd been meaning to hear for a while.  Taehyung leaned in to embrace his granny.  "Awe.  Thanks, granny.  That means a lot to me."

His grandma briefly hugged back while casually whisking the eggs as she mumbled.  "Oh, and if you're looking for Jungkook, I saw him on the way home earlier."

Taehyung whipped his head up, body tensed.  "What?! Oh gosh."  He ran back out the house, completely forgetting to ask his grandma why on Earth she was baking.  But that wasn't the point right now, he's gotta make sure Jungkook's okay.

- 🌹 -

Taehyung raced to Jungkook's house, knocking on his door rapidly.