Chapter 5

The key clicked in the lock and the door swung open. Before I looked up, Hannah already hugged me tight and her dark hair blocked my view.

“Han? Han! Come on!” I said. I freed myself from her tight hug and closed the door behind me. I hung my coat on and plopped on the couch, waiting for the interrogation. Hannah walked to me slowly and sat beside me, just staring. I could hear her breathing and big eyes of curiosity dug into my skin. But no words.

“How was it?” she carefully asked after almost a minute of silence.

I nodded with a smile. “Good, fun to talk to him again about all sorts of things until… you know, fans showed up and made everything uncomfortable.”

Hannah looked glum. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not like you tipped them off.”

Hannah looked away.

“You didn’t, right Hannah?” I asked insecure. Why was she acting like that?

The dark haired girl started to laugh. “Of course not! I didn’t even tell anyone who you were meeting up with. I just… I kind of saw the rumors about Liam’s location passing by on Twitter. I thought of texting you, but I didn’t want to interrupt. Sorry.”

I sighed. “Ah well, it happened. That did. But not your interrogation. Don’t keep me waiting.”

Hannah sat straight, going over a bunch of questions in her head. “Just one main question: HOW DO YOU KNOW LIAM FREAKING PAYNE?”

I laughed to the ground. “The X-factor days you always talk about. I met him with the Birmingham auditions.” Hannah stared at me, either with disbelieve or surprise. “Han, I auditioned for X-factor once, years ago,” I explained.

The girl jumped up, on the couch and started pointing and waving and trying to speak while screaming. Fan girl overload alert! She had to have her moment or it would come back till she had been given her moment. “I knew I had seen you somewhere before when we met! I asked you if we met before! STUPID IDIOT! AH I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN! OMG!” Hannah realized she was still jumping on the couch and with a red head she slowly sat down again, her eyes staring at me. “Your audition was on TV right?”

“Yeah…”

“BOO-YAH!” Hannah slapped her mouth with her hands. “Sorry, continue.” She kept her hands in front of her lips to avoid speaking through my story again. Not that there was much left to tell. I told her a short version of meeting Liam while waiting for our auditions and seeing him again later at boot camp, where our actual ‘contact’ started. Not that it lasted for long.

“So, after all this time, he remembered you?”

“After I approached him, he clearly did,” I smiled, but I still wasn’t fully over that surprise. I told her now more detailed about how we met again at the mall and how our meet up at the café went.

“So, now you’re meeting up again? What’s next?” Hannah asked. Her eyes were all sparkly with excitement. She was a huge fan, yet she was so excited for me. Not jealous, just happy. And curious.

I thought about how to tell Hannah the next move. “Well… He’s meeting you. That’s what’s next.”

Hannah jumped up, fully in shock. “ARE YOU SERIOUS?! EKJWBDYGFNSHLKSDNLK! OMG!” She froze. Her head slowly turned towards me, her eyes narrowed. “When?” she almost whispered.

My lips curled into a smile. “Today.”

Hannah screamed and jumped off the couch. “What?! Where?! YOU AREN’T JOKING RIGHT?! TELL ME IT’S NOT A JOKE, BECAUSE I’D HATE YOU! YOU CAN’T BE JOKING ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS.”