Chapter 2 - Past

Aunt Sarah is my adoptive mother. I never called her " mother ". I don't know why. It was always like that.

My parents died in a car accident when I was seven years old. At that time, I didn't understand, but for me, it was like my parents were gone for a trip and were never coming back. After the funeral, Aunt Sarah adopted me as I was the unique son of her unique dead sister.
Unfortunately, Aunt Sarah did not have children. She was not able to have one. There was also Uncle Ben who was her husband.
At the beginning, it was very difficult for me to be in another family with new persons and I really missed my parents. Sometimes I asked Aunt Sarah and Uncle Ben, " Where did my parents go ? Why did they go ? Why will I never see them ?" I was asking so many questions. I didn't like questions without answers. I was always curious. They always answered, " You don't have to worry, your parents will always be with you inside your heart."

After one year, spending almost all of my time with them, I started to get used to it and felt better. Aunt Sarah was always a doting woman. She was kind and gentle. Whenever I was crying and hurt by playing football in the garden, she came rapidly, pulled me against her and hug me and said calmly, " Don't worry, I am here now". After hearing those words, I stopped crying and though about how warm Aunt Sarah was. I always wanted to be in those secured arms. Uncle Ben teached me many thing. He was a man I could trusted and have faith. He was always giving me tips about life. He aslo taught me how to hit on a girl even if I didn't understand that part. When he left for the hunt, I wanted to come with him to see how he killed his prey. At that age, I found it interesting. My life became a little more happier. They were taking good care of me as if I was their son. I was like being part in family again and I liked it.

But that happiness didn't last long. After three years, Uncle Ben died by a lung cancer. Just when I thought I was given a second chance, my world ended a second time.