Ch. 1

Alani's pov.

"She has no recognition of the life she had without me. She let it slip away, away, away. So sad it had to be this. She forgot the good things about me.."

I was nonchalantly walking the streets of Toronto with "Tears In The Rain" blasting through my headphones when I ran into someone knocking the both of us on the ground. I looked up to see a petite girl about 17 or 18 getting up and brushing off her black jeans. "I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention.", I offered as she rushed past me muttering that it was fine. Ok? I shrugged and continued to walk to the hotel I was staying at.

When I made it to the lobby, I went up the elevator riding to the very top floor. Getting out, I headed towards my room. Room 65. I heard noises coming from behind me, and I looked back to see a crew of guys walking behind me. One of them stood out with dreads shooting in every direction. I instantly recognized him as Abel Tesfaye. The guy to his right which I'm guessing was Cash pointed in my direction causing Abel to look up at me. I smirked and turned around continuing down the hall. My room came into view, and I fumbled through my bag to get out the key. Right before I made it in, I took one more glance back to see Abel studying me. He smirked as I rushed inside and locked the door.

Abel's pov.

My crew and I were walking to this hotel we were staying at for a while to work in the studio. I forgot how good it feels to be in Toronto. We made it to the hotel and took the elevator up to the top floor. We were staying in rooms 66 and 67. As we got out of the elevator, Cash pointed at this girl walking in front of us. I guess we were making a lot of noise because she was already looking back at us. She smirked at me and continued walking to her room. I was just watching her body as she walked. She was beautiful. In black jeans, a black t-shirt, and hair cascading down her back. The girl glanced back again noticing I was already looking at her. I smirked at her as she entered her hotel room. All my niggas started laughing. "Damn bro, she got you in ya feelings?", Lamar asked. "Man shutup.", I laughed.

We made it to our hotel room (which happened to be right across from hers). I opened the door to see about five girls already poppin' bottles and snorting off the coffee table. "Who the hell let them in?", I asked. Everybody shrugged and headed over to where the girls were sitting. Whatever. I grabbed a bottle as one of the girls walked up to me trying to be seductive. I was going to have to be fucked up if I wanted to have a good time because these girls were amateurs. Walking to the couch, I sat down and rolled one up. I started to feel the high come over me. A girl with blonde hair offered me some pills that I recognized to be some cheap kind. I laughed but popped them anyways.

The rest of the night was a blur.