Chapter #1

Monday

Colby's POV:

"Hey emo!" Yelled my worst nightmare. I was walking through the halls of my school, desperately trying to finish the day without any problems. Noted, don't despair too much.

I stopped walking and slowly turned around, awaiting my every day ritual to begin. If I neglected or just walked away whatsoever, I'll be in even more trouble than I already am. Better not make it worse than it already is.

I heard the footsteps grow closer, until I was roughly pushed to the ground, my belongings dispersing everywhere. I looked up and made eye contact, immediately regretting it. I got socked in the face. Everyday's a new bruise, and concealer is starting to fail me.

"Didn't I say no eye contact dimwit?!" Sam yelled at me. "I-im s-sorry." I slightly whimpered. "I-im s-sorry." Jake mocked as the others laughed.

I earned a few punches and kicks, until the bell rang and they scurried away leaving me on the ground and in pain. Same old, same old. I stood up clutching my stomach with one arm and steadying myself with the other arm.

I reached the restrooms and I pushed myself via the doors. I opened the tap water, the cold water rinsing the blood off my nose and eyebrow. I looked in the mirror and I squeaked as I saw someone standing behind me. I quickly turned around and slipped on a soapy rag on the bathroom floor, ending up on the ground.

Brennen started laughing at me until he came closer and looked down at me. "Stand up." He said blankly now. I  scurried to stand up and as I did, I just stared at the ground in fear.  Brennen came even closer, and I took a few steps back my back hitting the wall.

"I was told to come look for you so hurry up before I beat your ass. You better make up a believable excuse to why you're late." He growled at me. I quickly nodded my head. "Words." He said harshly. "O-ok-kay. I w-will." I replied. He exited the restroom and headed back to class.

I finished cleaning up the blood and headed to class. I knocked on the classroom door as I entered. "Look who decided to show up. Why are you so late Mr. Brock?" asked Miss Opal my Social Studies teacher, as I sat down. "I'm sorry. I tripped in the halls and I was bleeding, so I was cleaning up. It won't happen again, I promise."

She sighed and said "You've got to be more careful Colby. Do you need a Nurse Slip?" "N-no, I'm okay. I'll manage." I replied. She nodded in understanding. I opened up by copybook and started writing notes down. I felt glares drilling the back of my head, but I'm sure it's just Sam's group.

  Riiiiinggg..

The bell rang indicating the end of the day as all the students exited the classroom, while Miss Opal yelling behind them. "I did not excuse you!". I grabbed my bag and went towards the door when I saw Miss Opal drop her papers.

I ran over her and crouched down while placing them neatly on her desk. "Thank you Colby. We really need more students like you around here." She said lightly chuckling. "No worries... Am I excused?" "Yea go ahead." She said as she turned to her desk and I walked out.

  (A/N)
Here ya go first chap.😊