Chapter 2 - A Close Call

Alice

It has been five weeks now since the crash. Alice was finally out of the hospital, and thanks to the help of her crutches, she was able to get around again. Her ribs were still a little tender, as they were still healing; and she would occasionally get a headache, but other than that, she seemed to be stable.

The crash site seemed to call out to her as soon as she hobbled through the doors of the medical building; craving her attention, wanting to be examined by her own eyes. And she obeyed its command.

It did take some effort, but she managed to reach the area. Her eyes started to well up as she looked around. From the street that her brother was driving down, to the stop light, to the intersection...
Then to the tell-tale skid marks that the truck made, before it hit Alice and her brother.

Her eyes then wandered to the spot where the motorbike ended up. There was still a trail of scrap metal and broken glass, and a little bit of dried blood that marked where the siblings landed.
Among that trail of metal and glass, Alice noticed something else. Something... Shiny. A pendant. Her pendant.

'Shit... It must have come undone somehow...' Alice thought to herself, and looked both ways before she started to cross the road to the site.

Carefully, she knelt down on her good leg to grab the piece of jewelery, then stood back up before securing the chain around her neck, where it belonged. With a sigh, she straightened herself up and started hobbling back to her original spot... Without looking both ways.

Thanks to the curtain of thick, dark hair that obstructed her field of vision, she didn't notice a grey Dodge Ford coming her way until a loud honk filled the air.

Just as she whipped her head around to look at it, a flash of white and blue streaks took the trucks' place, and before she could even process the situation, she was back on the sidewalk across from the crash site.

At the same time, the Dodge Ford swerved to avoid hitting the woman, but the sudden streak of blue and white didn't give the driver enough time to correct themself; causing them to crash into the solid wall of a building.

"...ss? -iss? Miss!?" A male voice snapped Alice out of her thoughts, and she looked up to see the one who, she assumed, saved her.
His platinum blonde, almost silver hair hung a bit over his dark eyebrows; his blue, piercing eyes seemed to be filled with worry as they examined the victim's pale face and quivering lips.
"Are you alright, miss?" The man asked, his thick Sokovian accent more clear to Alice's hearing.

"Y-yeah... Yeah, I'm- I'm fine... Th-thanks..." Alice managed to say, her voice a little shakey as she was still trying to get over her shock. Her attention moved to the smoking hood of the truck that almost hit her, and her heart sank with worry for the driver. "That was too close..."

"You should be more careful, miss," The man stated, then looked over at the truck before running over to it at the speed of light -- even though the distance wasn't that far. He helped the driver out of the car, who, luckily, wasn't severely injured; just a couple of scrapes and a red mark on his forehead from the airbag. He rushed back to Alice while carrying the man, and made sure he was okay before letting him go.

"Wh-what's your name?" Alice asked, looking up at the one who saved her and the driver.

"Pietro. Pietro Maximoff," The man replied, running a hand through his shaggy hair. "Some people call me Quicksilver. Maybe you've heard of me."

Alice raised a brow at the name. It did sound familiar, but she couldn't place her finger on it. "Well, Pietro, thank you for saving me and that driver..." She paused for a moment, as if she was about to say something else. But she closed her lips and smiled up at him instead.