Chapter 4

Cara didn't answer her phone so I decided the second person that came to mind, Derrick. He picked up right away "Hey, can you come and pick me up from my place? My mom pissed me off and I don't wanna be here," I said.

"Ok so I take it your taking me up on my offer." he chuckled slightly "I'll be right there but I need your address."

"Oh yeah its 246 South Maple Street."

"I know where that is. Ok I'll see you in a few."

"Ok."

I was playing with the bottom of my skirt waiting for Derrick to get here. When I was about to call him, I heard a honk come from outside. So I went down stairs to grab my purse and my charger. As I was getting in his car Derrick asked where I wanted to go and I shrugged my shoulders and said "surprise me."

He said "Alright, I will." He smiled at me then started driving.

After a few minutes on the road we arrived at my favorite place in town, Bonny's cafe. Its the best breakfast place in the town. "This is my favorite spot to eat at," he told me. "On my god, no way! This is my favorite place too!" I said.

"Okay then, lets go in," he said. So we walked in and a waiter lead us to a booth. I didn't even have to look at the menu to decide what I want. The strawberry banana French toast like I always get. When the waiter asked what we wanted I told them what I want and Derrick said that he would get the same thing. I asked him if he ever had it before. He just shook his head and said "I'm always down to try new things," he said then winked at me. I sat there thinking of what he could've meant by that wink. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Derrick say something to me.

"What? Sorry I was zoning out," I said.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He chuckled as he saw me with my mouth hanging open.

"Um...well..." I was interrupted by the waiter with out food.

"Here is your 2 strawberry banana French toasts for the adorable couple," the waiter said.

"Oh no we're not a couple," I blurted out.

"Oh I'm sorry for misunderstanding."

"Maybe not yet anyways," he whispered as she was walking away. And I immediately turned cherry red. "Soooo...um..what were you going to say before we got our food?" I said.

"I asked if you would like to be my girlfriend.

"Oh...um...I...um..I would like that," I said. Right when I said that he had a huge smile on his face. So he slid over so he was beside me and put his hand on my thigh. I looked at his face, then his hand, then back to his face. He was turning me on. So I looked down at his lips and bit mine at the same time. He got the hint and slowly leaned in for a kiss, but he stopped inches from my face and looked up as if asking if I was comfortable with doing this. I nodded and closed the space between us. The kiss was gentle but passionate. People always talked about how fireworks go off in your stomach when you kiss "the one" but I didn't have fireworks, I had explosions. After a while we parted and just stared into eachothers eyes for a few seconds then I realized out food was getting cold so I turned to my food and started to eat. After a few minutes of talking I decided to ask why he wasn't acting like the bad boy he usually is and he said, "Well I went through some stuff in my past and I usually just pretend like I don't have feeling or some shit like that and get into trouble and stuff but that isn't the real me and when I saw you that one day on the road and we started to talk and stuff I decided I needed to be the real me. Yeah, I might have seen you at school a few times, but I really didn't pay much attention to you, but now that I have gotten to know you, I realized that I have grown feelings for you and I promise I will do anything to keep you safe and happy. Just as long as you promise me one thing."

"What is that one thing" I said.

"Promise me that you will tell me what your "big secret is because no one like you can be innocent at school and out of school so I know you have a secret or something," he said.

"...ok I promise"

----------------------------------------------------------- Hey guys I'm sorry if this book is not interesting or something. I am trying to write something that you will enjoy but this is my first book and I suck at writing, but thanks for reading.