Encore

The Magic of Love and Life: Paragon is an original concept of the author.

Expect it to be more bold and out of their real personilities. This is not a usual AshBoo fanfiction. I only based the protagonists from them for a clearer image of what they look like.

To my soon to be readers. Uunahan ko na kayo, magiging quite provocative ang character nila, totally opposite of themselves, I repeat. Nevermind if my sentences are grammatically incorrect, you are to enjoy the story, if mageenjoy kayo. Thank you. :)

****************************

In the busy of streets of Manila, I always go seek new adventures. It's one of the best things I am proud that I'm doing. There are alot of beautiful things happening around that are ignored because the local news are coated with the latest crime reports, or national showbiz crisis.

Right? When you open your television and watch the news, they will never report anything about a girl helping an old woman cross the street unless that girl is Kathryn Bernardo. How ironic it is to say 'Magandang Gabi Bayan' when all they are going to report are nasty and gruesome crime scenes?

Truth be told, you can never walk in Roxas Boulevard without seeing street children playing, or begging for food and money. You can never go back to what once my favorite spot, Escolta without having the thought of being in danger. During rainy season, I always see these children with smiles of their faces while they play in the rain. So much for the exaggerated narration of what Manila looks like, this is the real face of my country.

But I refuse to only see the wrong side.

My name is Francisco Manalac, known as the visual storyteller of Manila. I spend my time capturing candid moments around the area you thought that never exists.

I've exhibited a handful of art galleries for the past 20 years. I'm also the ambassador for the International Union of Visual Photographers. During my free time, I am hired by big studios and networks for commercial shoots and endorsements. My life revolved working behind the scene, and I love to stay it that way. They always ask me why I prefer to walk in the dirty alley of Paco Manila than to shoot a half naked Anne Hathaway in a multi-million dollar worth pictorial studio, my answer?

Because I don't find it as interesting as seeing the real situation in my country. Although born and raised in California, have devoted myself to my own country, Philippines. One sunny afternoon, I sat down on a rusty bench along Roxas Boulevard, facing Manila Bay. It was a holiday for me, but I opted to jog in the morning and rest for a bit, I drank on my water jug, plugged in my earphones and listened to my favorite music but I kept it low enough to still hear the noise of the city.

"With all the love that's gone, I lay my eyes as bare..." I looked at my left and saw a girl, wearing a white satin dress, her hair was curled on shoulder length, and her face was as radiant as the sun. She seemed to be talking to me, so I took out my earphones... And so she continued her speech. "You are the paragon, with your face I can only stare." She suddenly waved her hands on my left ear, and she smiled.

"Voila!" And a rose appeared on her hands before my eyes. It did not come from my ears, definitely. "Oh, you're a magician?" I smiled. "Nope, i'm an illusionist. Know the difference okay? Ibahin mo ako." She looked disappointed. What the hell do I know about those anyway?

"And sorry what are you saying earlier?"

"Oh, those lines? It was from my favorite poem. Faded by Yves Vonn Catcher." Oh, a self proclaimed illusionist and a literary freak, great. "Shouldn't it be the other way around? Dapat guys ang nagmamagic ng flower trick na iyan?" I questioned her and her look became something I don't want to see again. Sorry, miss. But that magic is just so lame.

"Well..." She leaned closer, "You just did."

She looked down directly to my clenched fist and she asked for me to check it, I opened my right hand...

Damn! I was surprised to see the rose in my palm. How did she??? "Wow. That's amazing. I'm impressed." I really am, Okay... she wasn't just a magician I can tell.

"See? Illusionists for me doesn't just entertain as what magicians do. They.. We leave something to the audience that will want them to see us next time. Yung tipong,

..'Di sila makakatulog kaiisip pano namin nagawa 'yon. Keep that in mind." She snapped and winked. Is this woman trying to flirt with me? I smiled at her, and shifted my eyes to the shore. "Francisco, my name is Francisco-"

"Francisco Manalac, the visual storyteller. Yes I know you." She suddenly put her right arms on the back rest of the bench and angled herself to face me. "You do? I'm delighted." What game is she playing? "However, aside from taking pictures of my Nanay smiling while selling cigarettes on the streets, what else does interest you?" She said smartly.

"Oh, you're the daughter of Nanay Felicia? She's a good model I say, lahat ng exhibit ko last month siya ang focal point." I bragged. I always have different subject every exhibit may it be a still life or a life story of a Filipino.

"Sorry to break it to you but no, she's not. Close kami dahil lagi siyang nasa baba ng condo ko." She smiled and sat up straight. She tried to put her hair up with a lace ribbon. I stared at her flawless skin as she put her perfect waves on a messy bun. I think I know who might be the next subject for my November Gallery.

"Oh, she might be a street vendor but she poses like a model you know. 'Maynila sa mga mata ni Felicia' is one of the most successful exhibits I had this year."

"I know, I was there, but you didn't have the pleasure to talk to people like me I guess. I always see you around here, but don't worry I don't stalk you, I have far more important business than that. Modesty aside, I'm with Mr Caprio that time when we were still dating."

She went to one of my exhibits? But how? Only invited guests and vips are allowed. Maybe she's lying, I don't think I've seen her face elsewhere. It's too beautiful not to notice. I will definitely approach her if I saw her.

"I don't remember i'm so sorry. I might have overlooked the invites."

"I didn't say I went inside, I saw you being interviewed on the gates before the ribbon cutting."

"Why are you there? If I may."

"Mr Manalac, do you think I'm just an illusionist who stops at people here in Manila and perform? If that's my only source of income where do you think I got this fancy Chanel satin dress and this La Senza lingerie?" She sarcastically joked. "And these Prada pairs??"

"Oh, sorry. How will I know your work if I don't know your name?" I retorted.

"GRAIN Events & Services Manager and part time EYES Illusionist/Performer, Sarah Geronimo. But call me Ash." She snapped with grace.

"Well Goodafternoon, Ash. Nice meeting you." I admit, she's very beautiful, and her dress compliments her complexion that makes her stand out. "How about you? What can I call you aside from Mr Manalac, or Francisco?"

"None, you call me by my name. Call me Francisco."

"Very well Francisco, I hope you'll have a nice afternoon ahead. I'll be going then, I'll see you tomorrow." She stood up and started walking away.

"Wait, how?? I don't even have your number or you don't-"

"This one?" She turned back to face me and smirked, she was holding a piece of a calling card, my calling card.

"How did you...?"

"I'll see you tomorrow then, my lord." And she bowed like a Victorian countess greeting a royalty. Usually, I can foresee when girls wanted a one night stand or just wanted me to be their company for the night. But she... She is different, I can sense that this small talk is for something else.

After that conversation with her, I found her interesting. This woman, approached me out of nowhere, performed this.. Er whatever she calls it that made me impressed, and decided to meet me again.

Why don't we play the game shall we?