S

The thing was closing in behind him. Robert could feel it breathing down his neck. Its breath sent a chill down his spine as he ran into another endless hallway. He saw a door at the end of the hallway. The door seemed to scream in painful agony as it towered over Robert. He grabbed the Door’s oak born knob and slammed it open only to shut it behind him. Breathing heavily he slowly fell to a sitting position on the floor. Robert listened out the door, holding his breath he didn’t hear anything. He let out a sigh and stood up. He turned around to see what room he had entered. It was a guest bedroom and it was nice and tidy. He looked at his watch. It had died yesterday, so today should be the 21 of April.

Robert studied the room with a keen eye. There was an elegant bed that was lifted inches from the ground by its pedestals. He walked over to the bed and sat down. He cupped his face in his hands.

Robert kicks his foot out in front of him to stand up but it come in contact with a cabinet. One of the drawers slid open a few centimeters and revealed a book. Robert glanced at with a sense of caution. He reached out his hand a snatched it out of the cabinet half expecting something to grab him. He moved the book around in his hand looking over it. Its binding was leather like its cover and its pages reeked of death. Robert opened the first page and saw it was someone’s handwriting.           

“It knows where I am”, Robert read out loud,” I need to give myself to it and Hope that it will end my life quickly. It is my only way to escape this endless maze.” Robert couldn’t even get finish the paragraph, he threw the journal to the other side of the room and watched it slide against a closet door. He walked over to the closet and slowly started to grab the nob. He turned it with caution.

“Help me…” Robert turned around to confront the noise. The voice was hard to understand with its whispering and echoing properties. He let go of the knob and walked over to the door that he had just entered the room through. He lowered his breath and listened to the door. He felt his heart beating to a rhythm of drums. Robert heard another soft voice -- it was colder than the other one and had a sense of demise to it.

“Come out Robert”, it whispered through the door. Robert backed away from the door and tripped on his own shoes. He hit the floor and grinded his teeth. He took a deep breath and sighed. What’s going on? , he thought. He turned his head to face under the bed.

            “WHAT “, Robert jumped up and started kicking his legs away from the bed. Under it was a little girl whose body was pale blue and eyes were red with pure black pupils. Her restless body began to twitch and she began to smile showing a dark grin. She slowly immerged from under the bed, clawing at the wooden floor leaving burnt hand prints under her hands.

            Robert tried to stand up but she had reached him and grabbed his leg to keep him on the ground. He started kicking her in the head and her necked snapped and was hanging backwards making a tearing sound but it didn’t stop her from coming and closer to him. He tried to do everything he could to get her off but she would just get closer. Robert knew he was doomed and there was nothing he could do. She reached his face completely on top of him, her head starting to snap back in place.

“Save yourself, don’t listen to her.” She whispered and then she screamed in complete agony. Then as she came, she was gone. Robert steadily rose to his feet and shuddered at the image of the dark girl. He went to a wall, slid against it and cupped his hands on his face. 

"What going on..." He whimpered.