Denial

"You're pregnant aren't you."

I looked up at Corbyn, no emotion was evident on his face so I wasn't sure how to react.

"No. I'm just sick." I said standing up from the bathroom floor to rinse my mouth.

Corbyn stared at me intently while I did.

"Wanna go back to bed?" I asked after rinsing my mouth and brushing my teeth.

He only nodded before following me back to bed.

Instead of wrapping his arms around me, like he was before I had gotten out of bed, he laid on his back and stared at the ceiling.

"What's wrong Corbs?" I asked, turning onto my side to face him.

"Nothing, just thinking." He said turning his face to the side to look at me.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Us." He said, turning onto his side to face me.

"What about us?" I asked, bringing my hand up to caress his cheek.

"Y/N, we've been sexually active for months now and you're having symptoms that are common during the first trimester of a pregnancy." He said, slight concern etched into his face.

"I'm just sick Corbs. It is flu season, maybe I just caught something."

He just nodded before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"You should get some rest baby." He said, pulling me closer to him.

I didn't need to be told twice, quickly slipping into a deep sleep.

I was in an unfamiliar place, it looked like a young family's apartment. There wasn't much decor in the living area, just the basics and a lot of baby stuff. I heard drilling down a hall and followed the sound. As I pushed open the door I saw Corbyn mounting things to the wall, it appeared to be an unfinished nursery.

"What're you doing?" I asked Corbyn, confused. He stopped drilling and walked over to me, pressing a small kiss to my lips.

"Working on the little one's room." He said, reaching forward. His hands rested on my stomach, and when I looked down a baby bump was very evident.

"What?" I whispered, very confused.

Corbyn looked at me, concerned. "Are you okay?"

I looked around the nursery. There was a light grey crib with a lot of neutral colors in the decor. I looked at some of the pictures; some were ultrasound pictures, some were maternity pictures, some were just decor pieces.

One stood out to me. It was a candid picture of Corbyn and I in a blossom field, we were wearing coordinating outfits and I was laughing while Corbyn looked at me lovingly, his hands resting on my baby bump.

I began to feel an overwhelming feeling, and suddenly the room went bright.

As I regained my vision I was now standing in another unfamiliar place. This place was a house, bigger than the last place.

I looked down but there was no baby bump anymore.

I heard a toddler's cry and began walking towards the noise. It led me down a hall and into a nursery, the same crib from the last place was there, but the sides had been taken off to make it more of a toddler bed.

Corbyn was sat on the bed with a little boy in his arms as he tried to soothe him. As I approached them the little boy noticed me and reached for me. Corbyn passed him to me but before I could hold him the overwhelming feeling was back and suddenly the room went bright.

As I regained my vision I was in yet another unfamiliar place. An even bigger house than the last one, and i watched as an older looking Corbyn helped a young man tie his tie before the young man put on a graduation gown. As I approached them the young man looked at me and smiled.

"Hi mom."

And the room went bright.

I woke up in a sweat and instantly reached for Corbyn. Except Corbyn wasn't there, the space where he was sleeping was cold meaning Corbyn had left a while ago.

I looked over at the alarm clock and saw it was nearly 8 AM so I texted Corbyn where he had gone before deciding to go back to sleep. That plan, however, was thrown out the door when a wave of nausea hit and I ran into my bathroom to empty the contents of my stomach.

I heard the door open and felt a hand on my back a moment later. I sat back after I was done and wanted to cry.

"Come here baby."

It was Corbyn, and he pulled me closer to him as I began to cry.

"It's okay." he tried, comforting me.

I saw him reach for something and then hand it to me.

It was a pregnancy test. I pushed it away but Corbyn insisted.

"I can't be pregnant." I said taking the box.

"And you might not be. But I think we should just make sure." He said, helping me stand.

"Do you want me to wait outside the door?" he asked, I just nodded and watched him step outside.

I took the test and set it on the counter before letting Corbyn back inside.

He reached for it after a few minutes and froze when he looked at it.

"It's positive."

Author's Note: Was this what you guys were expecting? Also, i'm so used to writing smut on here this was so out of my element but i hope it was at least a little enjoyable? any predictions on what's gonna happen?