Chapter 2

~a few moons later~
"Sunkit! Sunkit! Wake up!" Ashkit said and then pounced on Sunkit.
"Huh? What is it?" Sunkit said confused as she just woke up.
"Today is our apprentice ceremony, mousebrain!" Ashkit said playfully.
"Yay! We'll finally be apprentices!" Sunkit cheered happily.
Leafstripe licked her head and said "You'll have to be cleaners so you don't look mousebrained for your apprentice ceremony" Leafstripe said as she licked Sunkit clean.
"You too Ashkit" Stonestripe said as she took Ashkit and licked him clean.
"Let all cats old enough to catch their own pray, join beneath the pointed stone for clan meeting!" They heard Silverstar say.
"Is it finally time for us to become apprentices?" Sunkit asked Leafstripe.
"Yes" she answered calmly and looked at her small kit proudly.
"Sunkit and Ashkit, step forward" Silverstar said.
"Today two of Birchclan's kits has reached their sixth moon today, and it's time for them to be apprentices" Silverstar and his amber gaze met Sunkit's.
"Sunkit! From this day forward until you've earned your warrior name you will be known as Sunpaw" Silverstar said and then turned his gaze to a giant pale golden tom with a golden belly.
"Goldenbelly, you've shown great strength in battle and I hope you'll pass your excellent skills on to this apprentice, you'll be Sunpaws mentor" Silverstar said to the tom. Then he turned his amber gaze to Ashkit, both their eyes were the same shade of amber.
"Ashkit, from this day forward until you've earned your warrior name you'll be known as Ashpaw"
He looked at a blue-gray tom and said
"Riverpelt, you're a quick fighter and a great hunter, I hope you'll pass your skills to this apprentice, you'll be Ashpaw's mentor"
Riverpelt nodded and looked proudly at Ashpaw.
Sunpaw looked over to Goldenbelly and his green eyes looked at her with proudness.
"The meeting is over" Silverstar then said and jumped down from the pointed stone.
Sunkit went over to Goldenbelly and asked him "What will we do first, Goldenbelly?"
"I'm thinking, maybe you'll need to gather some moss for yours and Ashpaws den?" He said to Sunpaw.
"Can Ashpaw come along too then?" Sunpaw asked her mentor.
"Sure" Goldenbelly said as he looked at Riverpelt. Riverpelt looked back and nodded. And off they were to their first quests as apprentices.