Chapter 8

chapter 61-70

chapter 71-80

chapter 81-90

chapter 91-100

chapter 101-110

chapter 111-120

chapter 121-130

chapter 131-140

chapter 141-150

chapter 151-160

chapter 161-170

chapter 171-180

chapter 181-190

chapter 191-200

chapter 201-210

chapter 211-220

Chapter 8 Rujia Buddha
The old woman looked at me with a smile. She opened her toothless mouth, saying “You know.”

"What?"

It seemed like the old woman was going to keep quiet no matter what I said. She slowly continued to fold more golden paper ingots.

“I gave you more money than you asked for, but you still won’t speak to me. I wasn’t born yesterday; you can’t just rip me off.” It was no use. She just continued to fold her ingots.

I was getting hungry while waiting around for the sun to go down. Finally, I stood up and picked up my belongings left the store.

The old woman didn’t want to tell me anything else and I had no idea what else to do. I went back home and put the paper ingots and paper clothes in the box with the letters. After that, I quickly cooked something for dinner.

After finishing the meal, I sat in front of the computer with a full stomach. The WeChat app was flashing. I clicked it. It was Rujia Buddha who had sent me a message.

Rujia Buddha: OP, did you visit the house?

Rujia Buddha: OP, are you online?

I saw the timestamp. The messages had been sent at noon. So I hurried to reply: “Yes, I was forced to buy some stuff.”

Obviously, Rujia Buddha was still online. He replied immediately: “Forced to buy stuff? Did you visit the ghost house?”

I replied: “Yes, I was at the shroud store next to it. That old woman was cunning. She made me buy a bunch of stuff for no reason.”

Rujia Buddha: “Shroud store? There is no shroud store by the ghost house. The police would never allow that kind of store to exist in the city center.

I was stunned and quickly replied: “It was next to the ghost house. There was a watch stall on one side and a shroud store on the other side.”

Rujia Buddha: “OP, you might be drunk. I am in the building opposite the ghost house, the phone store. There is in fact a watch stall, but there is no shroud store. I can prove it”

Shortly after he sent the message, Rujia Buddha sent me a photo.

According to the sky, the photo must have been taken just a few moments ago. The street was still crowded. The ghost house stood quietly among many dim street lamps. The building next to it was a dilapidated shack. There was a huge hole in the wall letting in the dim light of the street lamps.

Looking through its open door, I could see the shack had the same layout as the shroud store.

I felt a chill run up my spine, and my whole body became cold. At that moment, my blood felt like it was frozen and I could barely move.