4

I yawned and stretched out a little. I pulled out my phone, and seeing it was only 2:06 am, gave a little huff of disappointment. Me and a bunch of friends were having a sleepover, but we'd promised that the first one who fell asleep before 4:00 am had to do anything the others asked.

My friends Gemma, Rachel, Dan, Ruel and Charles were all completely awake, living off caffeine. I, on the other hand, could not handle the bitter taste of coffee, so rather stuck with tea. It sure tastes great, but doesn't give much energy.

Too be honest, it was doing just the opposite. It was one of the quiet stages during a sleepover, where everyone is just on their phones or chatting to someone. My phone was about to die, and I just didn't have the energy to talk to Ruel, who was right next to me, so I didn't have anything to do.

I glanced up at Ruel, who was also busy on his phone. He also looked pretty exhausted, his caffeine wearing off a little. He had a small frown on his face from squinting at his phone which made him look double cute. Ruel and I had an odd relationship. We both liked each other, and would often flirt, but it was like both of us were to scared to start anything serious.

My other friends had picked up on this, and constantly shipped us. It was actually pretty funny and cute how they would fan girl whenever Ruel pecked my cheek or gave me an extra tight hug.

As I thought about my friends and Ruel, my eyes began to get heavy and I realized I was going to fall asleep soon, losing the game. But it was so comfortable and warm. Ruel had snuggled closer to me, and was busy playing gently with my hair. My friends were all chatting quietly in the background. How could I not drift off ?

I woke the next day, with Ruel cuddling me. Everyone was knocked out, and I gave a giggle, knowing I had lost our little game, but had won a few hours extra sleep. Slowly, starting with Charles, everyone else started waking up. I went to go make tea and coffee for everyone and when I came back everyone was sitting up groggily. I handed everyone their mugs and went to sit back by Ruel.

"So ..." Dan began. "(Y/n) and Ruel both asleep before four, do we get to dare both of them?" Rachel nodded. "I rate, and I have a great idea for both of them." She says, throwing a wink my way.

They all huddle closely and Rachel tells them her idea. Gemma gives a little squeal. "That's perfect!" She says. Me and Ruel glance at each other and laugh. They discuss a little more and then face us.

"We've arranged a date for you!" Gemma blurts, before getting a nudge in the elbow by Rachel. "You guys are both going on a proper, romantic date somewhere." Rachel says. I look at Ruel again and he shrugs with a smirk. "Is this meant to be punishment?" He asks. "Nah, we just want you guys to hurry up. Oh yea, and at the end if the date, you guys have to kiss." Charles grins brightly. "On the lips." Dan clarifies.

I begin to blush. "Fine, it's a deal." I say, trying to play it cool. "When and where?" They look at each other until Gemma answers, "Tomorrow. A picnic on the beach." They all nod in agreement to this.

- time skip to to the next day, don't kill me -

I get in the shower and let the water run over me for a while, before washing my hair and body. I get out the shower and towel myself down, then putting my hair into the towel. I get changed into a silky, black dress that comes a little way above my knees. I put on a silver necklace with a teardrop pendant and slip on a pair of black Birkenstocks. Because you can't wear heels to the beach.

I let my hair out the towel and brush through the tangles, letting it dry naturally so it curls slightly. Then I apply some light mascara and leave it at that. I sit in the lounge, waiting for Ruel to come pick me up.

At around 5:30pm, there's a knock on the door, so I go answer it to find Ruel looking very handsome. He smiled at me and puts his arm out. "Ready?" He asks, and I laugh. "Yea, I'm ready." I say, closing the door and linking arms with him.

Both Ruel and I only live five minutes apart, and right by the beach, so we just decided to walk. I arrive to find a small blanket with a picnic basket in the middle. I look at Ruel and beam. "You are too sweet, you know that?" I tell him and he blushes a little.

We sit down and just chill together, eating and talking about everything. Once all the food is done, we sit and watch the sunset. Ruel leans closer to me and says, "You know, our date does have to end with a kiss." I look into his eyes and realize how close we actually are.

We are so close, I can feel his breath on my face, before the space between us is gently closed by our lips connecting. Rule's kiss is gentle and soft, and I move closer to him as our lips move in sync. I never want this to end, but it has to. We pull away and look into each other's eyes.

"That was ... wow." Ruel chuckles. "Yea, it was wasn't it." I laugh. And I have a feeling there are going to be many more wow memories between him and I.