✿ One Fine Morning ✿

She had been seeing the same dream for the fifth time in a row within the past four months. Zoya couldn't understand the reason as to why she was seeing such an unusual dream time to time. What did it have to do with her life? Why did she feel that the silhouette of a guy in the dream was trying to tell her something despite the fact that she never got the chance to see the face of the girl in it to understand whether it was herself or just an illusion? Is something missing?

(Zoya's Perspective)

It was a bright sunny morning when sun rays hit my body and I felt as if a warm blanket was enveloping me in its comfort. It was past 11'O clock at night when I finished my paper work and hit the bed in an instant. When I heard my irritating bedside alarm clock ringing announcing to me that it was 7 am, I got down from my bed lazily to freshen up. I'm sure everyone on this planet might be busy with their activities planned for the day, which is having their free time to chill at home. Why? Because it was a Sunday. That's when families go and visit their relatives or friends, go on a Sunday drive, to take a stroll on Beach and leisurely spend their time at a park. But that wasn't the case with me. Oh no! I do enjoy free time whenever I get it but this Sunday was not the day for me.

Abbu and Ammi had gone to visit Hiba khaalah (Aunt Hiba) who reside in Uttarkhand yesterday morning and Aunt Sherry who's our Christian neighbor and her family was asked by our parents to look after me and my younger sister Noor since it was only us girls at home but we rarely had time to pay a visit to their house. Why? Because Zosh was loaded with events for the upcoming Season.

Oops! It's ZoYa Event Management now. The work at the company was filled with issues when we started but with the help of my talented crew and the upcoming events we had gotten registered in our calendar, within a short span of time we became recognized and popular across the country and I even received an Award for the Youngest Achiever of the Year.

Coming from a family with lots of pampering and protection since childhood, I was almost oblivious to the real world. When I'm reminded of how reckless I used to be about everything, I feel quite ashamed and I should be. What it was like to deal with people and their emotions was something I wasn't aware about. After the sudden death of my ex-husband Yash Arora in an accident, I was shattered to pieces with no aim in my life anymore and it was then only that an Angel entered my life like a ray of sunshine and brought a divergent meaning to my existence unexpectedly. 'He' was none other than my best friend Aditya Hooda.

Aditya's dad is one of the finest lawyers in India, Harshwardhan Hooda and his mom a prestigious socialite, Anjana Hooda. He has a younger brother, Arjun Hooda who is studying Law and in a relationship with my sister and will be taking over their dad's Law firm soon.

I would introduce Aditya and my friendship as expecting the unexpected at the most unusual of times. I never thought I would be in touch with him in the future out of every other person living, when we met each other for the first few times in the past. Though he's my best friend now we came a long way from being foes and disliking even seeing each other. He hated my presence in his life and I didn't like him because I was in the belief that Aditya was stone-hearted and didn't know how to react in emotional situations.

The funniest thing about our friendship is that he's the husband of the woman, namely Pooja Hooda who died in the same accident in which I lost my ex-husband, where the two of them were strangely holding each other's hands. Aditya firmly believed then and there that our ex'es holding hands is calculated to them having an extra-marital affair, literally making fools of us right under our noses but I wasn't going to consider his words true because I trusted Yash and I knew that he loved me and wouldn't even think of betraying me. Aditya and I had verbal fights over the same issue numerous times where either he ended up scaring me and making me shed tears or I gave it back to him making him tongue-tied.

The same Aditya who made a mockery out of my life after that incident, who didn't believe how innocent I was regarding anything he talked against Yash rather couldn't understand how naive a women like me could be and he, who was always straightforward with his actions and beliefs surprisingly became very close to me as that one special guy who was with me through thick and thin. Unbelievable but yes it's a fact.

Once we got to know each other well after a series of events but more like adventures, which included both of us running away from our families and Police custody when a Criminal case was filed against us stating that we are the alleged murderers of our ex'es, we realized our partners had always been the wrong choice for us though our marriages were done with our own choices. I had a love marriage while Aditya married Pooja, his best friend since childhood. If maturity and companionship was lacking in my marriage, in Aditya's case it was love and conversation.

We decided to let go of our past because it was already a gone chapter from our lives. That day I strongly felt a positivity and decided to myself that I can't let this precious guy Aditya go away from my life in the blink of an eye, the way he set foot in my life out of nowhere! I instantly extended a hand of friendship to him though I didn't tell him the reason how I felt about our connection and how important he was in my life and this hand was extended to begin a new friendship which I never want to let go of but without questioning me he happily shook my hand and it made me realize how he had influenced me to become a better person within the past few months.

Aditya decided to take off to Paris the next day, which I got to know when I read the letter that Aditya had placed for Arjun. Aditya wanted to know his own identity and in order to cope up with and realize everything he had to go throughout the year, he was leaving but not running away as written in the letter. I felt Aditya was feeling very vulnerable at that moment and of course what he was doing was nothing but absconding and without wasting time, I took a cab and immediately rushed to the airport to stop him.

Running away had always been Aditya's master plan whenever he was going through a rough patch in life. I knew it because it was exactly what he did or rather how he behaved when he lost his wife and joined his job the same week without shedding a proper tear as if nothing had changed in him. He was sticked to the fact that his wife had been cheating on him and he need not cry for a betrayers' death. He had to pay his dues later in the worst possible way, crying his heart out. But this time his best friend Zoya Siddiqui was there for him and I had to stop him from leaving us and specially me, his new best friend.

Once I managed to reach the airport, I did notice Aditya go through the check-in but I was shouting to deaf ears. He was listening to music through his headphones and I was shouting his name helplessly, while I was surrounded with police officers and security guards who were going to arrest me for my unruly behaviour at a public place. I was teary eyed when the officials informed me that his flight had taken off. I felt a mixture of feelings that were undescribable and even now when I think of it, it still feels as if I won't be able to comprehend what I was feeling knowing Aditya left without talking to me.

I couldn't stop my best friend from leaving me and everybody else who were closer to him. But I learnt how to be confident about myself and take a stand for the truth from Aditya. He didn't contact me after he left but I received news about him by contacting Arjun every single day. I genuinely wanted him to return soon but since it wasn't under my control, I kept track of his daily routine to know whether he's doing fine.

Once I resumed work with Zosh, I brought my company to a top notch within six months and grabbed my Achiever award too. It was one of the most important days in my life and I missed Aditya's presence next to me. He was the one who changed me for the better and I had to specially thank my 'Azeez dost' Aditya in my thank you speech.

For my luck, he had seen me receiving the award, praising and thanking him that day itself while he was in Paris. He was the guy who inspired me to stand strong on my two feet and he deserved all the praising.

🌸 Sewwi 🌸