I'll Be an Angel

"You!" I screamed. There he was not a single care in the world. He acted like I was nothing, just a toy. Well baby I'm not your toy. He looked up at me and smiled, "Joey! What's up?" He had know idea i knew about her. "What's up? What's up is that you were with another girl!"

   He was startled. His light skin was creased between his eyebrows as he thought how i could possibly know. He started to tap his thigh, something he did when he is nervous. Finally he looked up. "Joey-" "Don't Joey me Arthur." I said sternly. 

   "Josephine, i'm sorry. I just...i'm a guy and guys do shit stuff like that...I-" I heard enough. I had to get away from him. I left Sunset Valley High school and got into my mom's Volkswagen. Driving took away my feelings, i was given a sense of calm. The windy road from the school to my house was a good 15 minutes.  

   I started to relax, so i turned on the radio. If I Die Young was playing. I sang along as the pine trees zoomed past me. A squirrel  flew past the road and I turned a sharp left. The wheels squealed and ran right into a giant oak.

  I could feel the hot sticky blood ooze out of my head. My vision started to fade and a loud ringing sound prevented me to hear. Dark shadows, no, men surrounded me. One was yelling into a phone and another tried to stop the bleeding.

_________________________________________________________________________________

   Peace. That's what I felt like. Undeniable peace. I felt a nagging at the back of my head. Something felt wrong. I had to force my eyes open. In my mouth was a tube, sticking out of my arms were needles with tubes, and i had a pulsing headache. 

   A doctor came in with a young man. He was cute. He had blue eyes, light skin, dark, shady hair, and wore a shirt that said Nirvana. I felt like I know him, but I don't. 

   "Joey!" He cried, reaching out to hug me. I cringed back. He stopped and looked at me. "Who's Joey?" I ask, my heart racing. Who am i? 

   "Oh my god! She has amnesia!" He yelled at the nurse. It all made sense now. Something was off, I knew it, but amnesia? That's most of my life ripped from my soul. Take away my memories and who am I? Joey? Or someone else. 

   After three weeks, Arthur, the man, took me home with him, since I guess I was an orphan. He told me we were a couple, about to win homecoming King and Queen, but i had a feeling he was lying. When we went to school, the following day, i was surrounded. People were everywhere, saying this and that. 

   I blacked out. The constant thrill of the voices made me nauseous and i fell on my back. I woke up in a small room. It was'nt a nurse's room, or his house. A man walked in. He asked me a few questions. "Ready to know where you are?" He finally asked. I nodded my head eagerly. "I'm sorry to say, but you are dead." 

   Dead? NO! I won't let this happen! I can't be dead! "No No, no, no!" I started to cry. "I"m sorry, I truly am. But hey, at least you know now everything." With that he left the room. I started to think. He was right. I remembered everything. I know who i was, who Arthur was and is, and so much more!

   I looked at the silver door knob. With one twist and pull, I'll be different.

                                                                            I'll be an angel.