05

symere

"that game was wild. i really thought jordan was about to get his ass beat."

me, miguel, syd, and steve decided to go to get some food at zaxby's. it was almost night and i was getting kinda sleepy.

i couldn't engage in any conversation. i was thinking about jordan the entire time. he seemed a little upset that i cancelled.

maybe i should text him and ask what he needed help with. i took out my phone, clicking on jordan's contact.

me:
heyyy we can continue our session today if you want. what did u need help with?

i put my phone down and took some more small bites of my food. laughter grew louder around the table. i knew going out with miguel to a football game wasn't gonna be the best idea especially since i was looking at jordan the entire time.

it didn't help with my infatuation with him at all and i felt bad, considering it was obvious i cancelled on him for a date. i liked miguel too and the fact i couldn't show that was irritating me.

miguel's lips touched my neck making my body shiver under his slight touch. okay, maybe i don't feel THAT bad.

"you okay? you seem upset," his voice was very quiet, his warm lips still close to my face. i turned my head towards him and shook it, pulling down his shirt that rode up on his stomach.

"just tired," i responded, leaning on him. he picked up a fry and fed it to me.

"y'all are so cute that it's actually grossing me the fuck out," steve looked away from his phone and smirked at the two of us, taking one of syd's fries.

"right, like get a room. anyways, look at this miguel," added syd, slapping steve's hand away from her plate. miguel chuckled before seeing what syd was trying to show him.

my phone vibrated in my lap. my heart skipped a beat when i saw who responded.

jordan:
actually i do need help with sum. can i see u at like 9?

i bit my lip, not really knowing what to text next. can he at least tell me what he needs help with? i just shoot him an "okay" before putting my phone back in my jacket.

••

"which building is your dorm in? mine is in the c-building."

"mine is in the a-building so it'll be a quick walk from the library."

"tutoring?"

"mhm."

miguel had offered to drive me to the dorm once we left zaxby's considering i didn't bring my car, but i told him to bring me to the library. it wasn't nine pm yet so we just sat in the parking lot talking.

"you know, that jordan guy didn't really look like he liked me. wassup with him?" miguel suddenly asked. i wish i knew the answer.

"i don't know. i've only known him for like 3 weeks," he hummed at my response, putting a hand on my thigh.

"did you have fun today? you seemed a little on edge after the game."