Rescue Points?!

It's here.
My rejection letter from U.A high.
It still sits on my dresser, staring at me in its sealed envelope, Waiting to bring my dream filled head back down to reality.

My sister already got her's, which was being played on a loop in the foyer for every visitor to marvel and congratulate her.

I sit alone on my bed, wrapped in my covers, staring at the tan envelope with sad eyes.

I guess I knew this day would come, and I'd have to face the reality of not getting into my dream school, but I was fine with staying blissful ignorance, pretending that my efforts were good enough for me, and that's all that mattered.

In reality it isn't.

My phone beeps as I'm alerted of a text message. I slowly grab the phone with hesitation and surprise to see Izuku's name.

From: Zukuchan
Hey Aya! Do you have a moment to talk?

So hesitant
I think with a smile. Though he's one of my oldest friends, he still treats me like his company would be bothersome to me somehow. Probably because of my association with my ex-friend Katsuki.

From: Aya Furuka
Of course Izuku! Anytime. What's up?

I welcome his distraction, sitting up at attention, Indian style, on my bright purple blanket.

From Zukuchan:
I know we haven't spoken in a while and I'd hate to impose on your business but, I was just wondering, have you gotten any word from U.A yet?

I slump forward in sadness, eyes flickering over to the red sealed envelope, staring me down on my desk.

From Ayachan:
Um yeah. I got my letter.

The three dots appear next to his name, showing he began texting me then stopped. Then they appear moments later, probably because he felt the need to reword his response.

From Zukuchan:
Oh. Sorry to pry, I just don't know anyone else who's going and well, I was just hoping to see a friendly face! But I really didn't mean to upset you if I did.

From; Aya Furuka:

Izuku

From Zukuchan:
And I didn't mean to imply that I assumed you didn't get in by your reply, because I really did!

From Aya Furuka:

Izuku!

From Zukuchan:

It's just that if you didn't get in I want you to know you did your very best and at least you had the guts to try for what you want! That's very admirable too! And you don't need to go to U.A to become a hero, you just have to...

From Aya Furuka:

IZUKU TAKE A BREATH!

From Zukuchan:

Oh, Sorry. I just wanted to make sure you weren't offended.

I sigh with a small smile dusting my lips. Of course he did.

From: Aya Furuka

I promise I wasn't! Lol and OMG Congratulations Zukuchan! YOU GOT IN? That's amazing! To be honest, I haven't even opened my letter yet. I'm way too scared.

From : Zukuchan
Thank you! And well, the only advice I have to give is that, the decision has already happened! Whatever they decided, is in the past. It's already set in stone, so what's the use worrying about it!