Chapter 1

I fiddle with my hair as my teacher passes back the test papers. Please be an A, please be an A. The paper falls on my desk. I flip it over to see a big fat F. NO! How did I fail? I studied all night for this test. I grunt with irritation only to realize I was handed back the wrong paper. Who is Elhlin? Eel Lin? Is that how you say it? How in the world do you even pronounce that name?

"Mrs. Dean. You handed me the wrong paper" I say waving this chick's test in the air.

Mrs. Dean heads in my direction. Snatching the paper from me she looks over the test. Sighing heavily, she marches over to the back of the classroom headed to the weird kid. I watch her swap papers and hand me the correct test. So Elhlin is a guy... how unfortunate to be named that. I peer down at my paper and smile at my rightly deserved A.

The bell rings and I fold my paper and place it in my binder. I stand only to smack into the weird kid when I turned. Dang he is tall for a fifteen-year-old boy. I make eye contact with him. He glares down at me for a few moments before pushing past me. HE IS SO WEIRD.

I head out the classroom and make way to my locker. I stuff my textbooks inside. Slamming the door shut I catch the weird kid staring at me from a distance. Can he not be a creeper? He makes his way towards me. I freeze in fear. What do I do? I'm not good at talking to boys...

He stops in front of me. His platinum blonde hair is gelled back with a beanie. I give him a hesitant smile. His mouth forms into a smirk and his green eyes look like they are toying with me.

"Hello" I say weakly. I fidget in place while waiting for a response.

"Do you know that you have a big red spot forming on the back of your pants?" he chuckles pointing to my butt.

I stare at him confused before I realized what he meant. I throw my hands to cover the spot and run to my bike. How embarrassing. No wonder I was having bad cramps. I fiddle with the lock on my bike, hoping no one else would see my mishap. I feel something tighten around my waist and I look to see a jacket was tied to cover the spot. I look back to see my brother. My savior.

"Ferris. You're not getting this back." I giggle hopping on my bike.

"Put it right in the washer Faye" he yells headed back into the school.

I head home only to feel a rush of wind pass me. I see the love of my life skate ahead of me, Kellen Jones. We were best friends in elementary school but after joining the soccer team in middle school I was no longer cool to hang out with.

I slow down watching his golden-brown hair blow in the wind. I wish he would talk to me. Laughter erupts my thoughts. I see the weird kid skate past me and winks. Ugh!

I speed up and pass them. I pull into my drive way and enter the garage code. I look back to see both Kellen and the weird kid looking at me laughing. I look down to see I've lost the jacket. I HATE LIFE!! I rush up my drive way snatching the jacket, running pressing the garage button from inside.

I walk into my house tossing the jacket in the washer. I change into new clothes and take some Midol and curl up on the couch. Why does womanhood detest me? About an hour and a half passes before my brother comes home with more pads, ice cream and some rented movies.

"Did you beat any kids today?" I jokingly ask. I'm in so much pain.

"Uh... No? I would get fired" he replies confused.

My brother just happens to be the assistant principal at my high school. When I was two our parents died in a terrible plane accident. Ferris has been raising me since he was 18.