Chapter Four

Kyo grumbled to himself as he made his way out of the classroom. That whole situation had been close. If she had actually crashed into him the whole thing could have been uncomfortable. Plus he really didn't want to have to deal with the whole “transforming on the first day of school” lecture from Hatori and Shigure. Mainly Hatori.

He did noticed that she had gone from psycho to tame puppy in .2 seconds. It made him curious. Had it been because of the other girl or was it just something with her personality. Like Haru.

Once he made it out of the school he took a deep breath. Why the older ones always insisted on them going to school always made him puzzled. The effort of having to make sure their secret didn't get out wasn't worth it. Or at least in his eyes. Not to mention Hatori had claimed Shigure had dragged them here as a way to get away from his editor, which sady, he believed.

Kyo paused and looked around. He had managed to walk all the way home without even noticing. Relief flooded him at the idea of finally being home. Walking up the walkway he then opened the front door and stepped into the foyer, taking off his shoes. Old habits you know. He then walked into the dining room, setting his bag in one of the chairs. Suddenly the voice he hated the most filled his ears.

“I’m surprised you made it through the day,” Yuki said dryly.

“TAKE THAT BACK YOU DAMN RAT!!”

“Oh! Kyo you’re home. How was your first day of school? Meet any high schoolgirls?” Shigure sashayed into the dining room.  

“SHUT UP, YOU DAMN PERVERT!”

“Fighting already? You did just get home.” Yuki crossed his arms over his chest.

“HOW ABOUT I KICK YOUR ASS, YOU DAMN RAT!”

“Like you could.”

“Oh brother.” Shigure headed for the door. “I am going out, try not to break anything. I did just buy this house.” The sound of the door closing followed him.

“ARE WE GOING TO GO YOU STUPID RAT? OR ARE YOU CHICKEN?”

“Clearly not. But even a chicken would be able to beat you.”

Kyo lunged forward, taking a swing at Yuki, but he just dodged it like it was nothing. Kyo came in with a roundhouse kick, although once again Yuki just sidestepped it. Only this time Yuki dropped to his knees and swept Kyos legs out from under him. Kyo landed to the ground with a thud, but before he could even flip up Yuki had already grabbed his stuff and was making his way upstairs.

“WHERE ARE YOU GOING YOU DAMN RAT! CAN'T EVEN FINISH A FIGHT WITH ME!’

“No,” was all Yuki said before he was out of sight.

“Dammit.” Kyo kicked a nearby chair before sitting down in the same chair. Grabbing his bag he started to pull out his books so he could work on his homework.