1.0 LOOKING FOR A STAR

[read on dark mode and in times new Roman for best experience]

Leone Sheele
March 25, 2016
Plantation, Florida

Leone made her way down the freshly paved sidewalk as she picked at the small scab on her right wrist. Her mom took her headphones so she had nothing to distract her.

"She's fucking bad bro." A voice caught her attention. She refrained from turning her head. She knew there was no good outcome.

"You need to get your ugly ass over there." Said Tatsumi, the worst of the voices in her head. Schizophrenia made her different along with bipolar depression. She violently scratched the palm of her hand in attempt to get the voices to shut up. The group of men gained on her. She tried her best to walk as fast as she could. She could see her home in the distance.

"Eight notes, quarter notes, half notes." She repeated to herself shutting her eyes. The heavy footsteps of the men behind her triggered her. Soon enough she reached her driveway. She turned into into it catching a glance at the boys. She counted three of them. They continued walking passed her driveway.

She reached her front door. She unlocked it and stepped inside. Her mom laid sprawled out across the couch with a beer bottle in hand. Leone continued up the stairs. She walked passed her brother, Devon's, room and into hers. She hurriedly grabbed the small pill bottle off of her dresser and opened it. Her prescription ran low but she couldn't make time to fill it. She took two with a swig of whiskey.

Schizophrenia makes her different.