chapter 3 ミ☆

I usually walk to class with Noen but I don't today. He's probably wondering why I'm mad all of the sudden. He probably thinks I'm being immature, and I am. But I know he will never understand why I am mad. He doesn't know what it feels like to watch the person you love have a girlfriend. He doesn't know what it feels like to watch someone you hate kiss the person you love. He doesn't know.

I walk into History by myself and see Noen looking at me with a sad stare by our usual seats. He looks at me and raises his eyebrow. Then he gestures to the chair I usually sit in. I shake my head and sit down in the front of the class next to a boy named Milo. He gives me a small smile and then continues to go on his phone.

I glance back at Noen who is playing with his chain. He then looks up at me and mouths the word please. I shake my head again, give him an icy stare, and turn back around.

I sit in boredom as the teacher rambles on about history. I've never liked history; I like things that can be proven scientifically. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by Milo tapping me on the shoulder.

I jumped slightly and then turned towards him. "Yeah?" I ask shyly.

"Uhm, Noen needs to tell you something." Milo says, pointing to Noen in the back of the classroom who's now waving at me.

I roll my eyes. "Tell him I don't want to talk to him."

"Ok." Milo says hesitantly. "Sorry, she doesn't want to talk to you."

"Thanks." I say, grabbing my pencil to take some notes.

"Why won't you talk to him?" He asks me, I can feel his stare on me even though I'm not looking at him.

"It's not a big deal." I shake my head.

"I'm bored, tell me."

"It's too long of a story to explain now." I inform him, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Just tell me." Milo says, now with a blank stare.

"How do I know if I can trust you?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"I'll pinky promise not to tell anyone." Milo offered, reaching out his pinky towards me.

"I haven't done a pinky promise since I was like five years old." I scoff.

"Well maybe it's time you start doing them again."

I peer my eyes at him as my pinky latches onto his.

"I'm trusting you." I say.

"Good." He nods his head, with a smile. "So tell me."

"Can I just explain it to you at lunch?" I surprisingly ask him. It was a risky question that I usually wouldn't be brave enough to ask.

"That's fine with me." he says. I nod my head and then direct my attention back towards the teacher, as much as I don't want to.

Finally the awaited bell rings and I walk out with Milo.

"Is this to make him jealous, or something?" Milo asks, glancing back at Noen who looks angry.

"No." I deny. "I don't really care about him right now."

"What happened between you two?" Milo asks, with an astonished expression.

•••

"So you've liked him for that long?" Milo clarifies while stuffing French fries in his mouth.

"Yeah." I say with a somber expression.

"Wow. Why don't you just talk to him about your feelings?"

"I can't." I shake my head quickly and then take a sip of my water.

"Why? You're scared?"

"No. He has a girlfriend."

Milo's face turns into a worried expression. "I should have guessed."

"Yeah, its always something. Either they have a girlfriend or their gay." I let out a light chuckle. Milo raises his eyebrows at me and then changes the topic.

"Well, just wait it out I guess and if he doesn't end up liking you, there is probably someone better."

"Thanks, Milo." I say with a genuine smile.

"No problem." He nods his head and takes another sip of his Gatorade. "Noen's staring at us."

I turn around slowly and see Noen looking at me with an angry and hurt stare. He always gets mad about the weirdest things. I turn around, rolling my eyes.

"He's jealous." Milo nods his head, still looking at him.

"He's not jealous."

"I'm a guy, Luna. I can tell, he's jealous."

"Of what? That I'm hanging out with another guy? Why would he care." I fume.

"I think he likes you more than you realize."

"I think that's ridiculous. I've known him since he was in second grade, he thinks of me as a little sister, that's all."

"I'm not gonna argue with you, Luna."

I open my mouth the say something back but the bell rings, interrupting me.

"I'll throw our trash away," Milo says kindly.

"Thanks."

"Bye, Luna." He beamed, his adorable tooth gap showing. I blush slightly and wave back. My good mood was interrupted by Noen grabbing my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I ask angrily.

"Why are you ignoring me. I don't get it. Why are you hanging out with, Miles?" He asks, his fluffy hair moving around while he's speaking.

"First of all, his name is Milo and I'm ignoring you because you keep flirting with me when you have a girlfriend. You have a girlfriend, Noen. Stop playing with my feelings. Just stop." I hiss, walking away.

"Can we talk more about this later?" He asks me, trying to stay calm.

"I don't know." I shake my head. He looks at me with sad eyes, sad eyes that I can't say no to. Sad eyes that won my heart over. You can see the pain in his eyes, why does it make him more adorable? "Fine."

He sighs and smiles. "I'll see you later, Luna."