Prologue

You thought you could deceive me, child, you thought you could run!” My head snaps to the left as a cold hard hand adorned with four rings slaps me across the cheek allowing the blood to flow from the slashes they had caused. “I created you! You are mine to control and to do with as I please!” I’m brave enough to turn my head to meet those cold dark as night eyes once more. I’m bound to a thrown by my hands and feet. The thick silver chains making my wrists raw as I have been here for hours being questioned and tortured. “Where is he!” He yells again causing me to jolt, the sound booming off the stone walls. I keep quiet and do not answer, for if I do, he will surely die.  “Child I will ask you one more time, WHERE IS HE?” I do not answer, instead, I spit out the blood that has been pooling in my mouth. This earns me another slap, my head snapping in the other direction this time earning me a new set of cuts. My chin is jerked in the direction of my captor and I am forced to look into his cold, dark, hateful eyes. He is bent down in front of me completely eye level as he holds my chin steady and forces me to look at him. No use in fighting him, he is much stronger then I am now. He gives me this smile that says he knows he will win and then he speaks with that luring, deep, cunning voice. “You will not win child, you and your friends are outnumbered and by far weaker.” He stands and walks to his own thrown his knights stand on either side of him. “You may be the princess of hell, but me……..I am the Devil.”