Part 33 (Final)

Zayn had been gone for four days and Harry was pretty much okay. Mostly because he knew he would be back tomorrow. All Zayn had done was go job hunting again, then finalize a few things with the school about his classes and the dorm room he'd be staying in. And once he saw everything was just as they had told him, they were kind enough to let him move a lot of his things in early. Of course, Harry would have liked to have seen him in person. But he had talked to Zayn twice out of the four days, and that was sufficient enough him.

However, Gemma had really missed him and hadn't had the chance to speak to him. So he found himself grabbing his phone and calling Zayn for her when she requested it. He put it on speaker phone and it rang about four times before they heard his voice.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Zayn."

"Gemma? Is that you? Do you have Harry's phone?"

"Yes."

"Are you supposed to have it?"

"Yes. Harry let me call."

The line was quiet. "What's wrong?"

"When are you coming back?"

Zayn chuckled. "Tomorrow."

"Tomorrow when?"

"Afternoon. Why?"

"You should come back today."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because today is almost over. Besides, aren't you supposed to be going to bed soon?"

"No."

"Yes you are. It's almost eight thirty."

"But I'm not sleepy. When are you coming back?"

"Tomorrow. I promise. And I'll be there at two o'clock, so tell Harry so he can make sure you don't miss me."

"Okay."

"Zayn, have you read this yet?" Harry heard Patricia say and Zayn's attention deterred.

"No. What is it?"

"I think it's some kind of student handbook or something. I think it's important."

"Okay. I'll read it. Gemma?"

"Yes?"

"I have to go. Don't forget to tell Harry I'll be back at two o'clock. Okay?"

"Okay."

"Bye, Gemma."

"Bye, Zayn."

The call disconnected and Harry raised a brow at her.

"Are you satisfied?"

Gemma gave him a single nod and a smile and returned to the floor with fluffy.

Harry resumed reading his magazine but as he was flipping through the pages, he thought about how big of an impact Zayn really had on his little sister. He knew that Zayn loved her. But what about her? How did she feel? He figured it was more of the same. It was not just Zayn who loved her and didn't want to see anything happen to her. It was also Gemma who loved him in return and didn't want to see anything happen to him either.

→→→→→

Harry and Gemma had been sitting on the porch about ten minutes after two when Patricia's car pulled up.

"That's Zayn." Gemma said.

Harry nodded, but his eyebrows were pulled together in confusion when he saw an unfamiliar black car pull up in the driveway right behind her. Both car engines shut off and he saw Patricia step out of her car and wave. He was waiting for Zayn to get out too, and he did. But it wasn't her car that he got out of. It was the black car.