• 2 •

November 1967          Barbara's P

November 1967          Barbara's P.O.V             Chap2

It had been two months since I had joined the Ealing art college and to say that I was enjoying my time would be an understatement

It had been two months since I had joined the Ealing art college and to say that I was enjoying my time would be an understatement. I loved being there so much, especially with my new found friend, Stella who I had become unbelievably close with, she was an incredible roommate and person to have around.

Similarly, with Freddie, who I had also grown close with, me and him got on amazingly well and would spend a lot of time with each other in the design room, drawing illustrations and talking about fashion. Yes, Freddie was still a very attractive guy in my opinion, but the feelings that I had for him seemed only platonic - while I still felt like I had a schoolgirl crush on him.

Stella and Freddie, they were both incredible individuals and they each brought out a more confident and content side to me.

I had hardly thought about Roger this past month, I think that I began to realise that perhaps me and him weren't meant to be friends forever, to be happy with the memories that I did have of him, to be happy with his success and most importantly, to be happy for him and for myself. On the other hand, if I were to ever see him again when I went back to Truro or have the opportunity to see him elsewhere, I would thank him for everything that he had done for me, apologise and hug the living daylights out of him, until that moment, if it was to come, I would move on with my life.

"Has Freddie asked you on a date yet?" I hear Stella question me from the living room as soon as I stepped inside of our accommodation.

I rolled my eyes and replied to her with a hint of sarcasm, "My day was okay - thanks, what about you?"

"Did you leave your hearing aids at college?"

I peek my head into the living room, glaring down at her sitting on the sofa before I chuck my wet coat over her head, "Hang that up please, I have to leave in ten!"