Mentorship Situation

"So.." - Anna started talking. - "I really hate to say this..."

"Then don't." - Harry's hoarse voice interrupted her, not even giving her the chance to finish her sentence. 

Monday morning. It was officially the seventh morning Anna was spending at Harry's house; the start of the second week she would've stayed there. And he still hadn't said anything about her outstaying her welcome, nor anything about having to pack up her stuff and find somewhere else to live. She still wasn't absolutely sure she could've breath a sigh of relief, but she was starting to feel hopeful and pretty positive. 

As every other morning, Harry was prepping their never-ending breakfast. That morning it consisted of a ham sandwich, 6 almonds and two kiwis cut into small pieces. He was in the process of cutting the kiwis, his back towards Anna, as she leaned on the kitchen counter, still in her pajamas, her chin resting on the palm of her left hand, staring at him, studying his movements, as his clad back barely contracted when his arms' muscles flexed. Not that she was paying that much of attention, anyway. 

"You didn't even let me finish the phrase." - she said, quirking her eyebrows, an hint of annoyance in her voice. 

"Well, you said you would've 'hated to say this'." - Harry simply answered, imitating her own voice, but failing on the high-pitched-ness, earnig a death glare from her - although he couldn't see it, cause he still had his back turned to her, cutting the last pieces of his two kiwis. - "So I decided to get the burden off your shoulders, and simply stop you." - he finally turned around, holding the two plates he had made for the both of them, winking at her. He placed both the plates on the counter, and sat down at one of the two stools on his side of the counter. - "Here you go." - he smiled. 

As she did every other morning, Anna stared at the plate full of stuff in front of her, thinking of ways to not eat something. She had gone from never having breakfast to having an abundant breakfast every single morning. Contrary to what she had thought the first few days, she had been slowly starting to appreciate it, each day a little bit more. Heck, she also had started waking up hugry, craving food - a thing that hadn't happened in a long time.  She started eating the almonds, one by one, sneaking glances from time to time to Harry, who was sipping on his glass of water - another important rule he had been absolutely keen on disclosing to her was the fact that it was best to drink water in the morning, to start hydrating the body. That meant: no milk, no juice, anything of the sort - unless you balanced the whole breakfast around a glass of one of the drinks you would've craved. And Monday morning wasn't the perfect day to get the brilliant idea of craving something, and getting Harry's brain to rearrange the whole portioning. Especially when he had to cover the morning shifts for the whole week. Not that he hated working in the morning and then getting the whole afternoon to himself; but having to deal with Dom's everlasting chirpy and over-the-top energetic mood was really something that should've been listed as a special skill he had mastered over the past 5 years. 

"I never got to finish my sentence." - Anna said, breaking his thoughts chain, and he blinked a few times, before focusing his attention on her. - "The one you interrupted..." - she kept talking, taking a bite of her sandwich. 

"Are you sure it'll be okay? Won't you hate saying that?" - he joked, picking at his sandwich and wiggling his eyebrows. 

"Shut up, oh my God, it's a really common saying everyone uses." - Anna rolled her eyes, making him chuckle - he had come to the conclusion he found extremely amusing the fact she got so worked up so easily. And he had understood he found it even funnier when he was the one getting her so worked up. 

"Okay, alright, calm down, don't pop a blood vessel, I don't want to drive you to the hospital.." - Harry shook his head, scratching at his chin, coming to the conclusion he would've needed to shave soon.