Chapter 1: First Encounter

Castiel Novak had a secret. It wasn't a big secret... It was only considered embarrassing to... well... most people.

Castiel was into Live Action Role Play.

About two years ago his best friend, Charlie, had begged him to go to a medieval LARPing event for months before the man agreed. After that weekend convention, his life was changed forever.

He had dressed up in one of her spare costumes and reluctantly gone, wanting to see if Charlie was correct about how fun roleplay was.

Now, he goes to as many roleplaying events as possible.

Charlie comes as much as she can but she's very busy, considering she's the CEO of a huge company.

He has a few characters for roleplaying but his favorite was Lazzaris, The high elf. Lazzaris was created with the help of Charlie and a very detailed Pinterest board.

He played Lazzaris as much as possible, mainly during medieval and fantasy plays. His outfit for the high elf consists of tights, a long leather tunic, faux elf ears, a black cape, a medieval-looking fanny pack, a large bow with foam arrows, and some light elf makeup.

He's always felt embarrassed by LARPing, especially when Gabriel, his brother, had unexpectedly shown up at his house while Cas was dressed up and getting into character before going to an event. Gabe had laughed harder than Cas had ever seen and Cas had blushed harder than Gabe had ever seen.

He ended up not going to the event out of embarrassment.

He mainly spends his time working at the public library when he's not LARPing. He's the head librarian there and extremely shy. He's been told he was 'socially inept' and needed a 'good lay' to lighten up.

The only time he could really be outgoing and strong was when he was LARPing. He got to be someone else and didn't need to worry about upsetting anyone or doing something wrong.

He wasn't in the market for a relationship despite people telling him he needs to get laid. His last relationship had ended because he found his ex, Meg, in bed with another man. They hadn't been together too long but it still hurt. He took a risk dating Meg, he hadn't been interested in dating since early high school and back then he didn't have any luck in the first place. The only reason he actually dated Meg was because he figured trying to find someone was better than letting himself stay alone forever.

He's given up after Meg, his mind filled with thoughts of self-hatred and 'I guess I'm not meant to be loved'.

Despite not wanting a relationship he still missed being intimate, he was a man after all. That didn't mean he was going to become a man-whore and sleep around, It just meant his hand was getting... more use than usual.

"Cas! Are you even listening?" Charlie asks loudly, pouting as she looks at her best friend through his bathroom mirror.

Cas jumped and looks over at the redhead woman. He frowns a little and huffs, nodding. "Yes. I am listening." He says, his voice flat as he pulls a pair of thick green tights up his legs from where he's sitting on the bed. "Are you almost ready? We're gonna be late." He says, watching Charlie carefully apply winged eyeliner through the mirror.

Charlie ignores him and finishes her wing, grinning a little in success. "Yeah, I'm almost done. Don't you still need to do your hair or whatever? Ya little elf." She asks, looking at the man across the room as she caps her eyeliner pen and puts it in her makeup bag.

Cas rolls his eyes playfully and slips on his specially made vintage boots. They were brown and a little taller than ankle-length, they were custom made so they weren't as uncomfortable as normal combat boots. "All I have to do is pack my bag, ya brat." He tries, tying up his laces and mussing his hair.