Y/N's Beginning

(Character: Y/N)

"It's cold" I mumbled to myself. I don't know my surroundings but i do understand where i am even if i shouldn't. I'm in the home of the people who've been keeping me. Taking care of me is what they call it. But that's something reserved for people you actually are caring about. These people don't care about me. They're only teaching me how to read, write, and do chores for there benefit. So they can one day sell me to the highest bidder.

I've wanted to know why. Why me? Last week i learned its because i am a faunus. Which is a person with animal traits. I have cat ears. The only reason i learned was because a group of others came over with a child of their own. They were a faunus as well and i knew that they were just like me. Being groomed into the perfect house-pet who can take care of the house.

So now i have a new question to ask no one in particular. Why was i born a faunus?

I know almost nothing about the faunus. Besides that we're to be servants to humans. Was that really why we were made? Even though i'm a child who doesn't know his own age. I'm smart enough to know that can't be the reason. No. I have to believe that isn't the reason. Hopefully...One day i'll be free from this never ending cycle of owners.

Almost on queue i heard screaming from above mixed with sounds of shattering and crashing. My instincts told me to hide but that feeling of hope was there again. Is this a sign? That i could be free from this? I moved as fast as i could and ran up the stairs. The closer i got to the top the less i heard. Freedom...I was so...

"Kid you alright?" A voice said and i sat up immediately. My eyes scanning my surroundings. Only then i could be at peace. A nightmare. My life was that nightmare up until a few days ago. I looked to the man who woke me up. He called himself a huntsman. He took me out of that nightmare now and when i was living it.

(Character: Huntsman)

"Sorry i-i'm fine" The kid mumbled to me. Obviously too scared to speak up. I sighed "Its okay, there's nothing to be sorry for." After that we stayed quiet as i prepared breakfast. He needed to eat. Just by glancing at him you can tell he's malnourished. Bastards probably fed him scraps. Looking back at the kid i could tell he was scared of me. My expression doesn't help so i try to lighten up and smile at him. He stares dumbfounded at me. "Breakfast will be ready soon"

His stomach growled in response earning a chuckle out of me. But i knew this couldn't last. My job isn't finished and i can't have a kid. What will i do with him? I can't just leave him alone and an orphanage won't do. Especially with him being a faunus.

Once breakfast was finished i prepared two plates and secretly pulled out my scroll. Sending the same message out to all my Huntsmen contacts. Asking if any of them could take care of the boy. I gave a small description of him and what he went through. My staring at the screen was interrupted by the boy's eyes staring at the scroll curious. "We use it to contact people from anywhere around the world. Currently i was talking to some friends. But you don't need to worry about that. Instead you should worry about eating" I noted, pointing at his half eaten food while i got to work on mine.

The entire day went by with no bites from the others. Most responded with "Can't" "Would if i could" or "Sorry we can't, wish you luck in your search though!". Some didn't even respond. I was losing hope until i got a response from the least expected person that i messaged. I wouldn't have even messaged him if i wasn't desperate. Qrow Branwen.

His message read "I just asked a friend and she said she'd be happy to take the kid off your hands. I'll come pick him up. Where should we meet and when?"

A friend. My eyes drifted to the kids and i felt a bit guilty. The least i could do is make sure this person can handle it. So i went on to ask Qrow many...Many questions about his friend.