And the star

"I don't want to believe in something that's not real."
-Marco Ubaldo Diaz

Its been one week. One week of Jakie's funeral. Two weeks for Star in the hospital. After she fainted in Marco's arms, she wasn't able to wake up for the whole day. The Diaz household worried, drove her to the hospital. She was diagnosed with dehydration and malnutrition. Though Star kept the malnutrition part a secret from everyone. Including Jakie. She'd always where thick clothes, casted a cooling spell on herself, and ate less. She didn't know why she did this, but she still did it anyway. Eating less food everyday. Eating a lot when given a time to go to the Pirate Shack. There she stood motionless on the bed. She missed Jakie's funeral and she eat less of the food the hospital gave her. Dumping the extra to the window beside her.

She wouldn't allow anyone to see her. Alfonzo, Fernandez, Mr. and Mrs. Diaz. Not even Janna and Marco. She told the doctor that she wouldn't allow anyone to see her. Let alone talk to her. Even after Jakie's death, she felt guilty. After reading the letter addressed to her by Jakie, she cried. She wailed. And the nurses were not able to calm her down. Star didn't feel hungry. She didn't feel hungry. She couldn't bring herself to eat because whenever she eats, she will remember her spying on Marco and Jakie's date. The order Jakie picked. She ate the same food as them and she couldn't bring herself to eat. Next to that she felt guilty. Jakie fell in love with her. Star didn't realize that humans can love the same gender. She didn't realize, she didn't know.

A knock resonated and her head snapped towards the door. The doctors and nurses never knock. They never do. Star felt adrenaline rush through her body. The door opened and came in the person she least wanted to see. Marco Ubaldo Diaz. Star glared at him nervously. "What are you doing here?"

Marco returned the glare. "I came to visit you. I tricked the nurse at the counter that I'm visiting my aunt."

"Leave right now."

Marco shouldn't be here. He should leave. But tricking the nurse? What kind of nurse is she? Star felt panic. Marco shouldn't be in here. Marco leave! Leave this instant! I can't face you right now! Star thought. Star felt hot tears streaming down her face. Her vision blurry. He needs to leave.

"Please." Star whispered.

The tears didn't stop and she furiously wiped her tears away but they still came. She felt the side of her bed grew heavy and she turned to see Marco holding a huge plastic.

Marco sighed. "I'll leave if," Marco pointed at the plastic. "If you eat everything inside this plastic."

"Everything?" Star gasped.

"Everything." Marco pressed. "Your not eating again. You don't think that I saw you dump your food outside the window? I saw. And I'm going to make sure you eat."

Marco shoved the plastic filled with food into Star's arms. Star grumbled in response and opened the plastic. Her nose caught whip of the smell of onion sauce. She carefully placed the food on her lap. There were at least four containers and one styrofoam. She grabbed one of the containers and opened it. And her nose wasn't wrong. Fish nuggets with onion sauce and cheese sticks. Her favorite from the Pirate Shack. She couldn't help herself. She instantly dig in. Even Marco was surprised. She ate to her hearts content. And before she realized it, she finished all four containers. Marco gave her a water bottle and she drank all of it in one gulp.

Star grabbed the styrofoam and opened it. Her eyes went wide and Marco gave a smirk. "Didn't think I'll leave dessert out?"

Star stared at the ohagi in front of her. Her mouth watered. She grabbed one and placed it inside her mouth. She squealed and chewed. For once she forgot all about Jakie, Marco, and everyone. She was just eating peacefully. Marco sighed in relief. Star remembered the person beside her. "I wish it could be like this all the time."