Being Thankful is a Lifestyle

PREFACE by Author

When I wake up every morning, I try my best to have a thankful attitude. I'm not successful always, and that might be true to many of us. Being thankful is a choice. But it is more than that. Being thankful is a lifestyle, a habit -- a character. It stays deep inside your being. And it comes out spontaneously.

So, every day, I ask God what He wants me to see and hear, feel and respond, learn and relearn, study and teach, say and do. Life is an exciting ride. It is filled with little and big mistakes, puny and grand victories. But all these things work for a beautiful purpose from God and that is to bring and display His glory in us and through us.

Little thankful notes from an ordinary teacher with an EXTRAORDINARY GOD. :)

100 Days of Being Thankful

Day 1

I woke up today around 3am with so much determination in mind thinking about my heavy Thursday schedule ahead. I was down to my last lesson plan due today. "I can't be late in submitting AGAIN." I said to myself. But around 5:45am, I received a message from my coordinator informing us that classes are cancelled due to heavy downpour. I can't help but feel that my efforts for almost 2 hours are somehow wasted . Later on, I turned to the side of my bed, and I saw my paperworks. You think I complained? No, I didn't. I was very happy because at least, my day won't be spent in sitting down and doing nothing.

I'm thankful for this day. It was not in my plans. But it was in God's. He made me bring all my work so I can finish them. Superb day! :)

Day 2

Sorry! Yes, that's the first word that came to mind when I finally had the interest to get back to Wattpad. Hands are always full and writing is probably the last thing I could think of. (Although I really loved to!) Well, crying over the days, weeks, months that had gone without being grateful IN WATTPAD wouldn't make any difference at all.

I was not always grateful though but many days, I was. I was grateful not because circumstances were good but I know the One who is sovereign over my every minute.

Coming back to Wattpad was a great encouragement. One, for my itch to write my heart out. Two, for God's using. Three, for God's applause!

Greatly thankful for technology! Yey! Thank you Lord!

Day 3

One of the hardest things a person needs to learn in this life is letting go. It's difficult when it is something or someone important. But one thing beautiful about letting go is you see the measure of the person's worth tp you. As they say, distance makes the heart go ponder.