Part Seven

Prue's POV~

I'm walking through the city at night, but time passes by seemlessly. I find myself at an entrance to the forest, and I look all around me- I don't see or sense anyone, so I slip into the dark foliage.

I walk for what seems to be a long time, following an almost undetectable pathway. When I reach the end, there's a little stone house... tucked away under the roots of one of the biggest trees I've ever seen in my life.

Without thinking, I walk up to the door, and I'm about to knock, when I notice the door is already slightly ajar. I slowly push it open and step inside.

It's a small place, almost bare, but something about it seems very cozy. I walk around, noticing the bed and the little shelves with animal figurines on it... but there isn't much else here. There's an animal bed at the foot of the normal bed- well, it's bigger than normal, but that's besides the point.

There's a gust of wind, and I spin around to look at the doorway-

There's a huge man in a tattered, black cloak, that just stepped inside. He doesn't seem to have noticed me yet... yet, instead of trying to escape, I stand my ground- mostly because I don't know what's going to come next.

He sets his basket of things down and shuts the door behind him, then he takes his hood off, and we make eye contact. His eyes go wide, matching mine, and I gasp.

"Prue?" He utters my name.

"Muriel?"

"Aah!" I gasp, sitting ramrod straight up in bed. Breathing heavily, I wipe the sweat from my face, and place my hands on my heaving chest.

"What?! What is it?!" Asra sits up and asks in alarm, his eyes mostly closed and his hair all over his face, some of it sticking out in strange angles. He moves his hair out of his face, and scoots closer to me, placing his hands on my shoulders from behind me.

"I... uhm... I had a strange dream." He gives me a surprised look.

"Oh? And what was it about?" I recount what happened in my dream, and his expression morphs to a softer one- a knowing one.

"Who is Muriel? Do I know him?" Asra nods.

"You knew him. I don't think he's seen you in a long time... but it wouldn't hurt to visit. He's fond of you, from what I remember. Maybe seeing him will help things?"

"I'll have to take your word for it, the only thing I have of him is a strong scent of Myrrh, and this weird dream." He laughs, and I feel my aura lighten.

"Well, let's make some breakfast, and we can take some to him. Sound good?"

"Yes, sir." He laughs again, and he gives me a light kiss on the cheek before we file out of bed and down to the kitchen.

...

We make a metric shit ton of muffins, eat a few for breakfast, leave some home for the next time we see Ilya, and load the rest into a healing pile in a basket. We secure a cloth over the top with twine, and we head back up to the room to get clothing.

"We really should go to the market sometime and pick out some clothes for you." Asra says, pulling back from the closet. "You can pick your own outfit, even though they're my clothes." He chuckles, and I smile brightly.

"You're cute." I say, leaning up and giving him a very short, but intense kiss, before turning to the closet. I peek over my shoulder at him, and his fingers are touching his lips, his cheeks a dark red. I just smile to myself, feeling that glow of energy pulse through me.