IJLA 16 - Sweet Nothings

Wala pa rin silang ideya kung kanino galing ang mga bulaklak. Ken made her put the flowers he gave her on a beautiful vase. They put it on the coffee table at the living room.

During the weekend, the two of them went out on a 'date'. Just like almost 6 years ago, they went out on a hike, out of town. Nagpunta sila sa UP Los Baños. Ken told her that there's a nice botanical garden inside the campus na kagaya ng park na pinuntahan nila dati.

He initially planned on taking her there again, kaso ay nagsara na raw ito 3 years ago.

"Are you sure you don't need help with that? " he asked, pointing at her backpack.

"No, thanks."

He offered her water. "Here. You already emptied yours earlier."

"I packed 3 bottles," she told him, remembering that he used to pack a lot of water when hiking.

"Ganun ba?"

He looked crestfallen and she can't help but wonder if this simple thing screams rejection to him.

"On second thought..." She took the bottle from him and drank from it. Hindi naman talaga siya uhaw, but she sweat a lot so she needed to hydrate. Kinalahati niya iyon at saka ibinalik kay Ken ang bote. "Thanks."

Walang kaabog-abog naman nitong inubos ang natitirang laman noon. She looked away as her face starts to heat up. She never thought that an indirect kiss could make her feel like she's been kissed for real.

--

Meanwhile, in another continent...

Iya was facing a huge full-body mirror, doing a last minute head to toe check before coming to the party downstairs. She and Hans were invited by a business partner who happens to live in Prague.

She's wearing a champagne-coloured glittery dress. Her hair was chopped off recently. Hanggang baba na lamang niya ito. It was reddish now and some strands were tucked behind one ear.

"Wow. Backless dress?"

Lumingon siya. Hans was standing at the doorway, looking immaculate in his Armani suit.

"You don't like it?"

She had been drooling at this dress for days. Nakita niya ito sa bintana ng isang high end store when she and Hans were strolling.  She wanted to buy it right away pero wala naman syang paggagamitan. When Hans told her that they're going to a party, she immediately went back to the store and bought the dress. It was kinda pricey, but she thought Hans would love it. Now, she's not so sure.

The front was fully covered. The top was almost up to her throat. Fully covered din ang mga braso niya dahil abot hanggang pulso ang sleeves nito. But the back was bare down to the small of her back.

Hans LOVES her back, so she thought that it would be a treat for him.

"Are you kidding me?" He walked towards her. He might ask her to wear another dress. Maybe it was too revealing. Pero ayaw niyang magsuot ng ibang damit.

Hinawakan siya nito sa bewang at saka hinalikan sa tungki ng ilong.

"I love it," he whispered in her ear. "You're a walking perfection, Iya."

Her blood-red lips curved up to a smile.

"You really do have a way with words, don't you?"

He kissed her neck, then traced her jawline.

"I also have a way with other things," he told her.

He's already hiking her dress up. Tinampal niya ang kamay nito.