Her Heart

*Girl POV*

(Ambulance)

I struggled hard to keep my eyes open and conscious.

I think it's now time to tell him everything about my health background.

Hey.. 

I smiled.

John: Hey

He returned my smile.

John, there's something you really need to know. 

He looked at me eagerly. 

Sorry for not telling you this earlier... I have a weak heart. Due to this, I am not allowed to feel strong emotions. One of these is love. The type of love you are giving me. That is why I always say no to you.

He clutched my hand tightly, asking me to continue.

I am not ready to die yet, but now, I am slowly accepting the truth that one day my heart will fail me.

A tear escaped from my eyes.

Dying happily and peacefully is what I really want to happen. For me to fulfill this, I should make you. happy too.

Now, I am sobbing. I speak hiccup every hiccup. He rubbed my back to soothe me.

I know that there is only one thing.. one word, that could make you happy forever. That is, receiving my sweet and devoted yes. 

Both of my hands found its way to his wet cheeks. I wiped his sad tears away.

My answer is yes, John. I am yours and you are mine. Please, let me see that beautiful smile again.

He smiled. Then my heart started aching so badly that i immediately held my other hand to it.

I love you, John....

My voice was audibly a whisper.

Always...