Chapter Two

A firm hand was gently caressing my delicate fingers repeated tracing what I thought was a star. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times, everything I saw was in impeccable detail. My eyes felt like they didn't belong to me and whereas before I needed glasses to see things a long distance away, I now saw everything with great clarity.

I turned my head to see who was caressing my hand, and my brother's face grinned at me. I instantly felt safe and a broad smile spread across my lips.

I sat up and scanned the room I was in and although I recognised that I was in a hospital, I knew this was no ordinary hospital.

"Take it easy sis, you've been out for days!" When my brother saw the panicked look on my face, he pathetically attempted to reassure me by saying "don't worry though sis, I got plenty of sleeping beauty mugshots of you and because I'm such a good brother, I'll let you take a peak before I post them on Facebook." My brother beamed at me, his smile was so wide that his eyes glistened!

"You little shit!" I moaned!

My brother's laugh was infectious and soon I found myself laughing along with him.

My parents burst into the room, their faces instantly brightening up when they saw me and my brother laughing. My mother came over, sat on my bed and began to stroke my hair.

"Hey baby, how are you?"

My mom smiles reassuringly.

"Feel like I've kicked by a metal horse"

I admired.

"You look like you've been kicked by a horse!"

My brother snorted!

Before he could even react, I leaped out of bed, grabbed him by his hair and pinned him to the ground! "Ahahah! Who's the little bitch now huh?"

I was so confident of my victory that I began clapping and my lost of concentration gave my brother the opportunity he needed! He rolled over and applied pressure on my back, pinning me on my stomach! In less than one second, he got up, grabbed me by my hair and pinned me to the wall!

"Your the little bitch now sis!"

My brother said grinning.

"That's enough children."

My father's commanding voice said laughing.

My brother dropped me and returned to his seat beside my bed.

A loud howling noise pierced my ears and I desperately clenches my palms to my ears in a pathetic attempt to stop the noise, but it only got louder and louder! I squeezed my eyes shut and curled into a ball!

"Make it stop! Make the howling stop!"

I screeched!

My body began to tremble, my heart was pounding!

"Lara!"

My father said inside my head.

"Lara you have to make it stop, it's how the warewolves test new vampire to see how strong they are. Lara you must find them and stop them!"

Despite the agonising pain I was in, I staggered to my feet and as I walked over to the window, I caught a reflection of myself in the mirror.

My eyes were a blood red, my fangs down for the first time ever.

I leaped out the window and sprinted at the speed of lightening to find and destroy the warewolve that was causing me so much pain.

He was perched on a slope with his head tilted back and his tail up in the air.

"Awwuuuuooooooo"

He howled repeatedly!

"Hey!! Can you stop with all that noise? My head feels like it's about to explode!!"

He turned and glared at me, his deep blue eyes staring straight into my red eyes. I glared back.

"I was told that I'm meant to find you and destroy you but i thought that maybe if we talked and I asked you not stop then no one would need to get hurt! I'm I right or I'm I right?"

I laughed and the he appeared to ease up.

He began to shift right before my eyes. I was confused and lost for words! I did not know what I should do, so I just stood there and watched.

When he had finished, he stood in his full glory and my cheeks went warm and pink! His face was handsome and flawless and his body was muscly and perfect! He was also very well equipped in the downstairs department!

He walked over to me and said

"Are you Lara Adams?"

I was surprised and a little flattered that this handsome young man, who couldn't be more than two years older than me knew my name!

"Y-Yes, I'm Lara Adams"

Extending his hand, he said

"I'm Shane, sorry about all the noise, my pack told me I had to but they didn't explain why!"

Shaking his hands i said

"It's alright, just as long as you don't carry on doing it!"

I smiled and said

"See you around Shane, it was nice meeting you!"