Drops of Scarlet( A Vampire Academy Fanfic)

I rolled out of bed as soon as my alarm clock blared to life. As I got up, I could hear my family moving around in the surrounding rooms. I walked to my closet and puled out a navy blue and pink chevron top and a pair of shorts. I quickly put my hair up into a bun and joined my family in the living room. We were all dressed in normal clothes, trying to stay as inconspicuous as possible.

We were all going shopping together. My mom was using it as a training exercise, but I was totally going to use it as a chance to hang out with my best friend.We finally started walking to the garage, excitement in the air.

Just as we came to the group of sleek, black SUVs that we were going to use for our trip, my father pulled us aside. "Ok guys. Here's how it's going to work." he explained. "When we're all at the mall, Tamara and Emmet, you'll walk ahead of us with Emily and Xander. Your mom and I will be a few seconds behind with Lissa and Christian."

We rounded the corner and I finally spotted my best friend. I watched as a goofy grin spread across her face. I saw her fangs peeping out just below her top lip and figured that they must have not had enough time to visit a feeder. "Hey Xander." I waved, noticing Emily's twin brother standing by the cars. "Hey."he waved back, sending me a warm smile. 

"Everyone ready to go?"my mom asked as she embraced Emily's mom in a warm hug."Hey mom, can we ride with Emily and Xander?"

"It's fine with me." I got into the car first with Xander and Emily next, and  my brother decided to be on the outside. We pulled out first, followed by my mom and dad, and a whole caravan of royal guardians. Excitement pulsed through my veins, but a few minutes into the ride, the need for more sleep took over. Positive that no Strigoi would attack us on the car ride, I leaned my head against the window and drifted to sleep.