Prologue

"Mom, I'm not putting that on!" I complained, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You have to look good."

"Fine." Why do I always have to do something? Why can't I choose to do something? Am I really supposed to be a spitting image of my mother? Is life really supposed to be planned ahead for you?

So many questions without satisfating answers.

I grabbed the dark blue fabric in my hands, feeling the soft silk on my fingertips. I held the dress againts my body, observing myself in the stained mirror, a crease forming on the face of a pale girl who blinked rapidly, hoping life will change someday. The problem was that I never knew what kind of change I needed. Basically, someone outsider could say I had everything I wanted. Every material I could ever dream of.

"You're going to break necks!" My mother got excited, her blue luminous eyes shining. The only neck I was going to break was mine, because of the heels I had to wear with the dress. - sigh

I tilted my head to left, the dress hugging loosely my skinny body. Another reason I hated dresses, but I guess not everything you hate is going to dissappear just like that. I ran my fingers through my hair, it was just over my shoulders. The lenght wasn't amazingly long but it was improvement since I always had a short hair.

"Dear, I'm going to buy these, you can go and wait in the car." My mom hands

ed me the keys, the cold feeling of the metal making me shiver. I headed up to our car, black nissan perfectly parked in front of the expensive store. My hands grabbed the door handle, carefully opening it. The glasses were steamed, and I almost fainted when I saw a heart forming on a window. Someone was using his or hers fingertips to draw a heart with the help of the steam. After drawing the outlines, 'coloring' the heart came next which gave me a chance to catch a glimpse of this mysterious person.

A boy with a sweet smile, looked right back at me, his eyes lighting a some kind of a warm feeling inside me. I never knew what his name was since he didn't stay. He was already gone as I looked back up, blushing.

One lingering question was on my distorted mind, who was this person and why did he decide to draw a heart on this particular car?

_____

I just love the fault in our stars and decided to write an idea that came to my mind. This will be different from the story but some of the personalities of the character's will remain and of course the names and appereances, just like in every other fanfiction. (Ps. This is AU)