| Shadows |

Y/N's pov:

messages to colby:

Colby's pov:

messages to sam:

Y/N's pov:

i let out a deep sigh and close my phone, drowning myself in the surrounding darkness of my room.

"when will i ever escape this world of shadows?" i thought.

i glanced at my balcony window and looked up at the night sky. the stars looked absolutely amazing and i couldn't hesitate but to go out to take a closer view.

i stood there with a slight breeze watching the stars gleam. suddenly, there was a small rustle down below.

i looked down and saw a familiar face. he ran up my doorstep and rang the doorbell, i ignored it.

after no response at the door he began to knock, but again i ignored it. then it seems as if he gave up.

after a few seconds he began running towards my backdoor. a sudden rush of worry washed through me when i realized someone was barging into my backyard. but he did seem familiar.

messages from colby:

i jogged out of my room and down the stairs into my backyard

i jogged out of my room and down the stairs into my backyard. trying to find, who i'm assuming, is colby.

"y/n!" someone shouted. as i felt a pair of strong, protective arms wrap around my waist. it was colby.

i turned around through the embrace to face my close friend. at least that's what i think i thought him as.

"what are you doing here, colby?" he let go of me and took a long breath before explaining.

"are you okay? are you hurt, y/n? i'm sorry i didn't reply to you. i forgive you that you're still alive," we both chuckled, " but i need you to promise me something."

"promise what?" i asked.

"look, you mean a lot to me, y/n. i know you're going through a hard time at the moment, but i need you to promise me that you won't ever leave me. ever. it's so fortunate i found you the first time you tried. i know you hate being reminded of that time, but since then i've seen you differently. i want you to know that whatever you think of yourself is wrong. to me you're imperfectly perfect. you're completely worth it to be alive to the world, to me. i-i guess i've fallen for you.." he looked down, embarrassed as ever.

i wrapped my arms around his neck and he held me with another hug, forehead to forehead. "i promise." i whispered.

i caught him smiling before he broke the distance between our lips and in that moment i knew i shot through my world of shadows.