Prolouge

Him. Her. Mouth to mouth, body to body. Moving in sync, flowing together.
I walked in on this sight, my boyfriend of 7 years and that woman together. I held back my tears as I watched it all happen.

Him, whispering sweet words of promise, clutching her in his arms. I couldn't do anything but will myself not to scream.

"How could you?!"

Two pairs of eyes turned toward me. One panicked, the other satisfied. The leech clutched his arm to hers, a smirk crossing her face.

"No, no! It's not what it looks like! Luna, I swear to you I would never do such a thing!"

Tears blurred in my eyes. I could remember all the times we had spent together, laughing and talking, cuddling and smiling. We had done so much together, we had been there for each other through the good and bad.

"I trusted you."

And perhaps it was at these very words that he understood. He understood that he took my fragile heart and stomped it in half, shattering into pieces. The promise of our forever, was gone. His eyes started to shake, realizing what he had done.

"I'm sorry."

Those words hit me like a bullet, unavoidable. It was like a knife had stabbed me, knocking the wind out of me, suffocating me. I turned on my heel and left the room, heading outside of my, no, his house. Sobbing, I leaned against the front door, clutching a golden engagement ring.