Chapter 2: The Day It Started

A/N: Harry's Audition ^^

•2 Years Later•

Louis' P.O.V.

"LIAM!!" I shouted as soon as I saw him pull up in a black Range Rover.

The brown haired lad comes running over with a little Irish man not too far behind. He gives me a huge hug and then goes off to give Zayn and Harry hugs too. We were all currently at mine and Harry's flat about to head off to the XFactor where Harry and Liam would be auditioning. They were both amazing singers and we wanted to be there every step of the way for both of them.

I hook my arm around Harry's waist and lay my head on his shoulder. It had been 2 years since we had started dating and it's been the best years of my life! He's the best boyfriend anyone could ever want. And he's all mine, and nobody else's.

He looks down at me and puts his arm on my shoulder then pulls me closer into his side and gives me a quick kiss. He smiles at me and we get so lost in each other's eyes that we forget that the boys are here too.

"HEY! Larry break it up, we got to go!" Niall shouts breaking us out of our trance. Instead of saying our names, he insisted on calling us Larry for whatever reason. I guess our names just fit together real well.

"Sorry..." I said quietly while looking down trying to hide the blush that's crept up on my face.

"Don't hide it." Harry whispers in my ear.

"Hmm? Hide what?" I was honestly confused right now.

"Your blush.... it's cute" he smiled and poked my nose.

In response to that I crinkled my nose and then he giggled, which is a new habit he had picked up when we started dating 2 years ago. It's kind of weird because he says he's really manly but we all know that he's the woman in this relationship...

"Alright lets go." Liam says holding on to Niall's hand. They've been together since a couple months now and I swear they're still in that weird honeymoon phase where they can't get over each other or leave each other alone for even a second. It's gross sometimes but they say that's how me and Harry were and I believe it because we are so fond of each other it's like nothing else matters. Sure I love my friends so much, but they aren't as amazing as Harry.

We all pile into the big white van so we can all fit and drive off. Liam is driving while Niall is in the front with him. I'm in the very back with Harry. Zayn is in the middle laying down taking up the whole row since his girlfriend Perrie is going to meet us there as she's apparently busy right now. Perrie is also auditioning too but with a couple of other girls named Jesy, Leigh-Anne, and Jade.

When we arrive we all go to the line that's wrapped around the whole building and everyone is anxiously waiting for the line to go down already. There's so many people here and I can't imagine how Harry must feel.

2 hours later•

Harry's P.O.V.

Finally we get inside. My heart is racing as I'm sitting here waiting for my name to be called. I have Louis next to me telling me everything will turn out just fine. Liam has been in this situation before last year but he didn't make it. However that just means he isn't as nervous because of how far he got last time. It's scary to be up there and get judged by people you've idolized for so long. I hear Perrie's group coming off stage and everyone gets up to hug them all since they've become such good friends of ours ever since Zayn and Pez got together. I thought since they made it through maybe I can too? But they are soo much better than I am. How can I ever win??... I start to tense up and stress about it. Louis noticed when I became tense. He comes over to stand in front of me now. He looks me in the eye and his eyes begin to water.

"Harry you're amazing you know that right? You will do great love. I believe in you, do you trust me?" I nod. "Then trust me when I say that you will do absolutely fantastic and you will win this. Just promise me one thing.."

"Anything baby." I say encouraging him to hurry up, but he seems to be having a battle with his thoughts right now so I let him be.

"Just promise..." his voice crack and I pull him into a tight hug as he begins shaking and sniffling. He then pulls back, "You won't forget about me when you're gone?" He says still crying.

"Gone?! Louis what do you mean, I'm not dying!!" I state still a little confused by what he just said.

"NO! That's not what I meant.. it's just.... you hear these stories about celebrities going off places and touring and things and they never seem the same as they were before fame. I don't think it will happen to you, but what if it does? I believe you will win this, but what if that means you become so famous that you forget who I am?" He's full on crying now with waterfalls coming out of his eyes.

The boys all come rushing over to see what happening. I just ignore them and pull Louis into me and don't say anything. Because what if he's right? I didn't want to believe it but it's true. When I'm off doing other things without him, will I forget what life was like if I do become famous? How will I sit here and tell him it won't happen when I don't know myself and could break that promise to him? I really hope it doesn't happen because I'd have to be really dumb to lose someone as amazing as Louis.

I pull back and give him a long passionate kiss for reassurance. And just as we pull apart, the backstage manager calls my name and off I go to the stage.

I stand there answering the judges questions as a million other thoughts ran through my head. I finally began to sing my song as I hear the familiar sound come on. Isn't she lovely is the song I chose because it reminds me of Louis. He's everything the lyrics describe and so much more. I can't afford to lose him.

As I was finishing the audience was going crazy and wouldn't stop. I stood there with a smile on my face just waiting to see what the judges had to say. I had 3 yes's already. It comes down to one person.

Simon Cowell.

"Harry...... you've got 4 yes'!"

I started crying and shaking. I couldn't believe I was so nervous when I could have done so much better if I wasn't. But I still got all four judges to say yes! I get to move on now! But that means... I have to leave Louis....

I made a decision right then and there. I could not, no matter what, lose him. So I decided that if I did become famous and get signed with a record label, that I would tell them first about us and that I was not going to hide in a closet. I wanted to be myself and I wouldn't go anywhere without Louis. And to make that possible, I had to be signed with any judge except Simon. I know his record label doesn't like gays. He doesn't let them be what they want, instead hires beards for them so they don't get to be free with whoever they want.

God I hope that doesn't happen to me...

A/N: SOOOO... what do you guys think so far?! I know it's not much, but this chapter will be VERY important in the future. Tell me what y'all think! I'll update some tomorrow to maybe!

Love you all- H~ 💙💚