Chapter 5

I heard Ethan yell something but I couldn't make it out. As I was running there was a huge rumbling sound. Then what used to be know as building 7 toppled down. I ran back to Ethan. "What was that?!" I asked. "Building Seven just went down." Ethan told me. I looked where the building used to be. A huge cloud of dust went North, luckily missing us by a little. A man with what looked like a flamethrower, got into a grey van and zoomed away. I asked them, "Anybody get that plate? All I know is it was an 2001 Chevrolet Express with a huge antenna on top." Landon thought for a minute. "I think it was a government plate," he replied. "Why does this feel like some big conspiracy?" Landon said "I don't know, but something fishy is going on here," Ethan said. "Wait," said Landon, "Did any of you even see a plane?"

"Because I don't remember even seeing one."

"Yeah that is weird," I said. Ethan and Alison both nodded. "Wait what's this?" Alison said picking up an manilla folder. "Wait hand me that," Landon said. He took a quick look at it, and said, "Oh crap it's full of different people that were on each of the different planes." "And it also says top secret on it." Then I saw darts shooting towards us. I grabbed the folder and shoved it in my black trench coat. The we woke up in the ally. "Ow," said Alison as she pulled a dart out of her hip. Then we all looked down and pulled one out of each of our legs. "Wait where is that folder?!?!" Landon said. "You mean this one?" I said as I pulled it out of his pocket. Landon sighed in relief. "Wait Ethan hand me that watch" Ethan give him a look of confusion and hand it over saying "Sure, here you go." Landon grabbed it then started taking it apart. "What are you doing!" I yelled. Landon shot me a look and said, "Trust me." I was really confused.

Then there was some murmurs right behind us. I quickly looked back. Their was the man that got into the van standing there holding a large hunting knife. "I think you have something of mine." He said looking at me with a crazed stare. "You think I'm scared of a knife?" I said laughing. He took a limped step toward us and everybody except me backed up. "Logan what are you doing?" Ethan said. "You want this?" I said waving it around. Then I pulled out a lighter. "Don't you dare," The man said. "You think I'm going to burn this? Nope! Just you." Then I threw the lighter at the dude catching his pants on fire. "RUN!" I yelled and we all took off. Later we stopped to catch our breath. Ethan looked at me and said, "Logan, why'd you do that?"

"He had FireProof pants."

Then we all hear a scream and and explosion. "Guess he won't be a problem anymore." Ethan said. I was really hungry. I reached into my pocket and pulled out some jerky. "You guys want some?" I asked them. "Where did you get that?" Landon asked me reaching for some. "I bought it at a convenience store." Ethan looked at me with a surprised face "You have money?" He looks at me for a moment and says "No. They call me Shadow for a reason." Landon continued to take the watch apart. "What exactly are you doing?" Ethan said. "Wait, ok here we go," he said. We watched as he pulled a little bronze cylinder with two wires one red the other blue, out of Ethan's watch. Landon made a shhh motion with his finger. He took the rest of the watch and threw it into a dumpster. "Ok, we need to get as far away from that as possible," he said. "What was it?" Alison asked Landon. "It was a wiretap," He told her, "Someone put it in your watch when we were asleep."