1

It's difficult, you know? Life. It's a challenge. Not living itself, everyone has done that, even if for the smallest fraction of a second inside a mother's womb or for over a century. Even legacies live, whether for a year or two or a couple millenniums.  Maybe you're like me, you're stuck in that challenge that you never signed up for. Maybe you haven't left much of a mark on the ground, you've taken only baby steps, made few important actions.

        Perhaps all the average person can hope for is that our bodies take awhile to decompose. That we'll last as long as King Tut and some future civilization will come stumbling upon the ground in which we're buried and they'll find our bodies in pristine condition and we'll be the greatest find of that time. Perhaps all we can hope for is that we take awhile to decompose so we might manage to go on for longer than our legacy, our already too short time alive.

        Alive.

a·live, 1. (of a person, animal, or plant) living, not dead. Or 2. (of a person or animal) alert and active; animated.

        Yes, technically, we all fit the criteria for being alive. Are we really living though? Do we actually have a purpose? Do we have a destiny? Are we following some unknown orders to make the future come true? Or are we floating in the wind, letting our actions take us where we're going to end up? Is the future set in stone? Can we change it? Could I go downtown, right now, sleep around, get pregnant, and become a drug addict? Or can I not because that's not what my future is supposed to hold? And if I did go and do it, would that be my destiny? Was I supposed to do that? Or is that me making my future up as I go? Will we ever know?

        Knowledge is a strange thing. It's so perplexing that in the bible, there has to be a reason for why we have it. Or is knowledge something we have? Can knowledge be owned? Is it property? Is it something we can have without physically having it? What is knowledge?

        Knowledge.

knowl·edge, 1. Facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject. Or 2. Awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation.

        So can we have knowledge? We can have facts, but can we only have them when they're down on paper? Okay, I know I've probably lost you, I'm about to lose myself too. Let's get back to the beginning.

        Life is difficult. A challenge. No matter how much you know, how alive you are, the challenge is the same difficulty. But what's the challenge? How long you live? How much you know? How successful you become, how unsuccessful you were?