a b s t r a c t

Taehyung's pov

"Almost..." I say, using my brush to paint the final strands of hair. I back away, examining the painting.

"I don't know.. what do you think Jungkook?" I ask.

The painting was of a woman in broad daylight. The sun left a warm glow on her. She was looking in the distance, so only her side profile was visible.

Jungkook peaks over my shoulder.

"Not bad! I like it." He says with a smile. He soon goes back to his painting.

"Yeah- but what do you like about it?" I ask.

He looks at me and then at the painting again. "The background, it's really bright..and pretty!"

I stifle a laugh from his compliment. "It's not all that good. I wish I was as good as you at painting."

"Hmm, you could be. But you have to practice more." He says with a little nod. "Yeah, that's it."

"Why can't you teach me?" I whine, gripping onto his jacket.

"You better get off, this jacket cost me nearly a hundred bucks!" He says playfully pushing me off.

"Teach me Jungkook, please?" I begged.

"No way! I'm not a teacher! Your paintings are just fine hyung!"

"No look.." I point at the woman in the painting. "I'm not so proud of this side profile. It seems like every person I paint ends up looking awkward."

"That's not true! What about when you painted me? I liked it.." Jungkook protests.

"Okay, but that was one time.. I really need help." I sigh, rubbing my temples.

"You've only painted nature up until a few years ago. Don't put yourself down hyung." He says, putting his hand on my shoulder.

In the matter of seconds, I felt calm. Jungkook always reassured me. I look at him and nod. He wasn't wrong.

"To me, you're amazing at it."

I shake my head embarrassingly. Amazing? Me? He must have the wrong guy..

"I don't think I'm that but.."

He looks at me, waiting for me to finish.

"I'm going to challenge myself."

"Oh?" Jungkook says.

"What if I were to—try to paint something I'm not good at. A person."

He raises his eyebrow. "Isn't that what you just did?"

"No..different. I want to paint a man, from head to toe. I want to get better at proportions." I explain.

"Then you're better off painting that guy naked, it's the best way to practice proportions." He suggests.

"Well I know that..but.." I feel my cheeks heat up. Oh god, this is embarrassing.