Chapter 2

Susie's Pov:

I waved at him and he waved back, smiling, that was the first time I had ever seen him smile. Even in the dark world he would always have that  blank, emotionless stare that every one knew.  I did not let that rare moment go to waste, I just kept staring until he pointed towards the class. I snapped out of it, what had gotten Into me?

Of course the inevitable route to class had to be past the lockers.  We did not make eye contact during that time. OK...  This is already awkward and we haven't even said anything.

Kris pov:

Well, we're finally at the class. I was about to open the door when Susie stopped me,  "Hey, do you wanna just...skip?" she asked in a smaller voice that as not I knew was possible for her. I guess neither of us were used to this new "friend" thing.  I simply nodded, anything was better than sitting through six hours of anime reviews. 

We made our way towards the closet and opened it... It was a normal Closet.  I have to admit,  I was pretty disappointed, and I could tell Susie was to. "well... I guess we'll have to go back to class..." Susie said sadly, walking away from the closet.

"wait... "

Susie pov:

"wait... " I heard maybe Kris say.?  "we could ummmm... Pretend we're in the dark world?"

I could not answer. I was in Pure shock by the fact that he had spoken.  

"ummmm sure..." I said now walking to the abandoned class room.

When we entered, I asked him why he never spoke, he just shrugged in response Then said, "Words cannot express feelings as deeply as actions, like a pin falling in an empty classroom,  it has no effect,  for even though it is noiseless,  the classroom is empty. "

I was taking a while to process what he had just said then said, "Geez, nerd, how much do you read?"

Then he unexpectedly answered "I,  um,actually made that up. "

"Wow,  well,  words cannot express how limited my vocabulary is!"

He laughed at my joke and I felt...weird,  no one had ever laughed at me... Well they had, but only to make fun of me,  this was different,  a kind,  friendly laugh. This was REALLY going to take some getting used to.

Kris POV:

I laughed to even my own surprise, I was not easy to make laugh, I Even try sometimes but it just ends up...  Akward... Like that weird scene in Final Fantasy X (or First Fantasy Y as Toriel calls it {she never gets game titles right}) this was genuine. We stayed in silence for a LONG time.

"sooo, I think Noelle likes you..." why did I say that? Out of the million things in the world, why that? 

"yeah, I know, but to be honest, she's not really my type," Why was I somewhat relieved? I had only really known Susie for a day. 

"Then what is 'your type'"

"I-I don't know...just-not her. Look,  can we talk about something else? This Is getting weird."

"Fine,  if we're going to be friends, we should get to know eachother better, "

"OK... UGH KRIS! THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING CAN YOU NOT BE TOTALY AKWARD?!

"ME BEING TOTALLY AKWARD?! YOU'RE THE ONE NOT TALKING!

"OH YEAH,  MISTER 'WORDS CANNOT EXPRESS YADDA YADDA'?!"

We both shared a moment of scilence before we burst out laughing. 

"Susie,  I am really looking forward to our time as friends."

"Yeah,  me to, I guess."

"Any way,  we should really get to class, we've been here for an hour. "

"Yeah right,  and just hear even more nerd talk than I have to with stand thAn when I'm with you? I don't think so."

"We could go to my house or walk around town?" 

"Undyne would question why we aren't at school..."

"Do you have to come up with the worst case scenario for everything?"

"Yup."

"Shut up,  you sound like me. we can just sneak past undyne. And before you say 'what about my mom and sisters', I'll just say that I am a responsible young man who can now walk home on his own."

"Fine,  you got me."

And with that,  we started secretly walking to my house on the top of town.

(640 words)

Wow I really need to create a schedule, sorry this took so long,  my life is messier than my backpack.