3

Jennie's POV:

By the end of our gym class, my team had won the baseball game by a long shot. When we were done we all changed back into our school clothes because we had our third period. When I got to my math class I was the last one there and almost every seat was taken. I was looking for an open seat when the teacher finally noticed me.

"Jennie, it looks like the only open seat is next to Jungkook in the back. Could you please take your seat?" the teacher spoke softly, but obviously wanted to start the lesson so I didn't argue.

I walked over and sat down next to the one person I wanted to avoid the most right now. I let out a sigh and pulled out my notebook and a pencil. I started drawing like I always would. There was an awkward silence between the two of us. I was normally used to not talking to the people around me, but this silence was the worst I have encountered in a while.

"You're a mystery, you know that right?" Jungkook said breaking the silence.

"That's how I like it," I said without looking up from my notebook.

"Why?" Jungkook asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Listen," I finally looked up from my notebook and looked at Jungkook, no emotion on my face still, "I don't really talk to people unless they're my friends, so back off."

"You talked to Yoongi," Jungkook said with his arms crossed like he was trying to prove something.

I looked back down at my notebook and began drawing again, "Yoongi is nice."

"Are you saying I'm not nice?" Jungkook asked while trying to sound hurt causing me to look up at him again. I looked him dead in the eyes with no emotion.

"I guess," I just shrugged and continued drawing.

"Ouch," Jungkook said as he held his hand over his heart and pretended to be hurt.

"Look, I consider Yoongi one of my friends now. You, on the other hand, I want nothing to do with."

"Jeez, you really are as cold as everyone says you are," Jungkook says, ending the conversation and turning to focus on the lesson.

Yeah, I guess I am

As much as I love not being bothered by people at school because of my reputation it sucks when people talk about you behind your back without really knowing anything about you. I don't want anyone to know anything about me though, that's why I'm so closed off. 

Fuck this I shouldn't care

I flip to the back of my notebook where I write my songs and begin thinking. I had some unfinished lyrics for a song I named 'Hope Not' that is based on my past relationship. I just sat there the whole class thinking of lyrics and writing them down. When it came to the chorus I was really proud of what I came up with.

Chorus (English translation):

'For you, I'm okay with being hurt
Since I only gave you pain
During the time we were together
But you, the love you want
You need to meet someone better than me and be happy
But I hope not to the point where you forget me'

Another line that I loved is 'I will smile if I see you as if nothing happened'

"You write music?" Jungkook asks, catching me off guard. I look at him to see him looking at my lyrics so I quickly close my notebook.

"Didn't I already tell you to leave me alone?" I snap back, glaring at him for being nosy.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to be nosy. I just saw you writing a lot and thought you were writing notes on the lecture." Jungkook says, and it seems like he is actually sorry.